Astrolux/BLF Copper A01 BLF Edition CODE NOW PUBLIC. $20 Solid Copper AAA!!!

Thanks for organising this. I try not to visit the forum too often as any time I do, I seem to spend money haha.
Can’t wait till it turns up!

Protective coating on mine is wearing off fast:

Oh well… it will look “road worn” quickly. Some would pay extra for that! lol :smiley:

On a more serious note, i didn’t know it had a protective coating. Now if it’s not durable i’d rather have it bare copper…

I think the coating is there so that the product looks good before it is sold. Nobody should expect copper to look pristine after a while. Just look at all the pennies around.

It seems many people here prefer their copper lights to look well worn. I, on the other hand, like my copper shiny looking. So I’ll be polishing it from time to time to make it look new again.

Even a 50 year old penny can look good again :slight_smile:

Or just bead blast it, bury it in a flower pot for a week and wear it on the keys for a few days...

Now I need more copper for my key ring... Anyone know of any copper USB drives?

Abe looks more like a young Tom Hanks. Let it age. :slight_smile:

Got my engraved copper light this afternoon.
You can call me a cross-patch but I am not going to bury this beauty in a heap of dung.
I hope she will age gracefully from natural causes.
Thank you ReManG and Neal for making this group buy happen.

This coating thing still has me sniffing… My light does smell copper which i would not expect if it was coated?

+1

Yes, I smell copper too, but it’s not as strong as say a fistful of pennies.

Very good
I like it.

Just ordered this without further thinking… My first ever copper light!

oh - you will be pleased! just like i have been since yesterday :slight_smile:

I got mine
Is the 1st batch wanker/banggood that have QC
Only one complain, led slightly off center, but for me is not a complain

Yeah thanks again for this light!
My son conficated it, but the cell needed recharging, I just see he forgot to take it YAY now I can play with it!

Just got the A01. First Cu. First twisty.
Thanks to all that contributed to make this great looking light.
If the AA version goes, I’m in.

Got mine, looks good, but kinda heavy.

Solid, well made & Copper.

It is a stout little bugger when you have it. Next to the Aluminum one, you notice it very much. A week on the keys, I forgot I had changed it out with the Aluminum one…

I received mine today. It’s a bit scratched, but nothing serious. Did yours came with a spare o-ring?

I may be wrong, but I don’t think any copper ones came with spare O-rings.

On a side note, mine has spent a few days under some compost and is starting to develop a delicate patina - I imagine it may take another week or even more……

SP