Astrolux EA01S battery drain while off

Hi everyone, this is my first time here on this forum. I dig some digging here and found some mentions of a parasitc drain problem on some EA01S flashlights, and I believe mine has it. Usually I store it with the cap unscrewed so I never noticed, but some days ago I forgot about it and when I was going to use it I found that the battery was drained, only about 0.8v left. While off there is a constant 1.1mA consumption, even when locked. Is this normal for this flashlight or is my unity faulty? If it’s a faulty one, can I repair it? I have soldering skills and can replace components if needed.

1 Thank

Capture

That’s what I measured on mine for a review I did when released.

Someone else can pitch in about the components on the driver.

I had my FT02S head replaced because of the high parasitic drain problem.

The faulty unit exhibited parasitic drain as high as 30mA, whereas the replacement demonstrated a mere 0.039mA (with the button LED on low). The parasitic drain in my faulty unit varied depending on the voltage, so I advise you check the drain using a charged battery.

I think the parasitic drain of 1.1mA (when button led is off) is certainly defective, however I am not sure if manufacturer is going to fix the issue.

My EA01 had similar PD. After sending them a video of measuring the drain I was sent a new head.

I created a ticket with Banggood support, but I don’t believe they will replace mine since it’s alreaby been 6 months from when I bought it. If they don’t answer I will have to repair it myself, so I’m trying to figure out which component has the issue.

Tom E did a tear down and if I remember correctly pd was mentioned. Here is another mention of it Also here

I will look into it, thanks for the links!