Astrolux EC01 with added display, RGB, UV, and instrumentation

For lights like this with the driver glued in, I usually remove the switch cover and switch board so I can push down on the top of the driver board with a thin screwdriver. This does come with risk of damaging parts on the driver though. Sometimes it’s also necessary to heat up the body with a heat gun to soften the glue.

Yes indicator LEDs can easily be reduced in brightness by increasing the value of the current-limiting resistor.

Thank you very much for the info. I really apreciate it. I have subscribed to your youtube channel :+1:

When I was doing assembly work, I was soldering under a binocular microscope and the largest wires were 36 gauge.

For my home setup, and for the job I had after that, 36 is the smallest I can work with. I was using 36 gauge magnet wire to wire a PoE ethernet jack to its control chip, because the genius manufacturer thought it was acceptable to surface-mount an ethernet jack like they weren’t going to rip off the board and bring some trace with ’em.

I hope Astrolux takes notice of this. Who knows? Maybe already next year we could get one for the budget price.

Great job! I’m very impressed - so tiny wires to connect the controller!

OMG I always wanted to add OLED display to flashlight, I’m glad I’m not the only one :slight_smile:
I have already this small OLED at home and I played with it. But now I don’t have much time :confused: