Astrolux FT03 Spare Parts - 26650 tube & end cap

My kids buggered up the thread of the end cap and 26650 tube. Does anyone know where to get spare parts?

Astrolux is made by Mateminco. See if you can contact them through AliExpress store.

Tkx, didn’t think of this avenue. Ive send them a FB message.

Well no luck from Mateminco. they are very unresponsive aside from one response earlier on that provided a generic website link which doesn’t have the spare parts I’m looking for.

I suppose all the manufactures have different threads or does anyone know of another manufacture that may have a compatible thread for the FT03 flashlight (26650 tube and end cap)??

Did you contact them on Aliexpress? I have good experience buying spare parts from them over aliex.

Just make sure to check which Mateminco model is compatible and ask for parts for that model, not for Astrolux.

Well, you can take a different angle on this and sell yours, and buy a new one. That will also the newest LED in case yours does not have that.

No, I reached out via their facebook site. Looking on Aliexpress I cant find any where to send them a message. Do you know where?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803439965507.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.12.21ef1802XZZDJv&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&\_randl_shipto=US
Hover computer mouse over the little arrow to the right of the title “Mateminco Official Site” on top left, then click on “Contact Now”.

Thanks for that. Would never have found that in a million years :slight_smile:

Mateminco should take care of you - ask them for the parts for the MT35-Mini. Not sure what pricing will be like for you in AUS but as a US customer their pricing has gotten really high, and they are charging a fair amount for shipping on top of that. It might make more sense to buy a new light if they decide to charge a bunch for those parts…at least that way you’d have spares for lens/bezel/driver/switch rubber/etc if need be.

I’m wondering about the Astrolux brand…BG seems to have pretty bare cupboards lately and parts they previously listed are out of stock, maybe for good. Maybe they’re not real interested in flashlights anymore.

I’ll be surprised if Mateminco provides spare parts without a specific parts list for this light, but well worth asking.

If all else fails, there are a couple last resorts. Both ends of the tube are threaded. If you can forcefully screw the tail cap onto the tube to make it stay (permanently if necessary), you can still unscrew the tube from the head of the light to swap cells. I did this to a similar light for a friend long ago and was able to screw it down all the way. Visually, no one could tell the difference. If it wont screw down all the way, you can use a thin file to grind down and reshape the damaged portions of the threads to even them up enough to crank it down. You can also wrap the tail cap in tape and then use a thick leather glove placed over the cap to protect it and then turn it with curved jaw channel locks/pliers. Be careful not to squeeze the cap too hard as it is very easily deformed.

Assuming the tail cap threads are still in perfect condition, and the damage only occurred to the tube, there is another alternative. You can purchase a 26800 tube for the FT03 ($15 USD) plus whatever a 26800 cell costs (if they will ship them to Aus) and have extra capacity and better run time. Keep in mind that if the treads are less than perfect on your tail cap, you will likely gall the treads over time, so the first method might be preferable.

Good luck.

Tkx, I’d done something similar using plumbers teflon tape. Removed the o’ring and seemed to work great. Unfortunately its back to only working intermittently hence why I’m looking for part replacements.

Tkx again. Also looked at this option as like you mentioned, they have these tube on their site but cant find an end cap. Was thinking of just making a metal disc filler to the desired thickness to fill in the additional length. That way, I could still use my 26650 battery.

The other alternitive may be the 26980 and fuse the endcap onto the short 26980 extension piece to still have an “endcap” (extended endcap) function

Hate wastage and therefore inclined to see if its possible to fix via spare parts rather than having a ~$70 torch not functioning :slight_smile:

Great, thanks for the tip.

That 26980 extension piece is threaded to only fit between the head and body tube.