Astrolux Hosts listed at BG

Thought I’d mention that BG has listed the Astrolux S2 / S3 and SC hosts today

Sure hope I did this right, seems a bit high and is pre-order I think…
Maybe someone already mentioned so please excuse if so…

Hmmmm…. $19, fully assembled light is listed at $33.

FET driver from Mountain is $10, XP-L HI is $7, Total = $36; this does seem like a bit of a bad deal…

It would be nice if they would sell these hosts out of the US warehouse. They also have this updated driver listed now. I guess this has bistro on it.

Also significant: they list the X5/X6 driver, the one with the Attiny25 MCU, lighted tail ready, and Bistro firmware…

Hmm a SS one for the led driver AMD tailcap parts of the Cometa would be interesting

But what if you want a different LED? Or Driver? Or you already have one of those two?

Yeah I wish it were lower :money_mouth_face: , but the price is about what I expected.

Its really not plausible to compare the cost of Richards parts to Chinese parts. :wink:

That too.

iam blind? what the difference between this driver and fet driver for astrolux??
are these hosts similar to eagleeyes hosts?

if we compare the S2 host on Banggood with these on Ali
makes me think the S2 is not all that good of a deal.
The smaller one is speial so that is different, especially the copper but I think I would still pay those extra 11 for a full working light, since the light is pretty awesome as is :wink:

I preordered an S3. I’ve been into 14500 lights lately, and it’s hard to find ones that have lots of potential.
I won the copper version from Justin’s giveaway, but way too nice for me to be using as a mere host. This aluminum S3 is better suited to my experiments.

My aluminum S3 host a while back came with a lighted tailswitch.

My aluminum S2 host that arrived today has no tailswitch.
(I see someone on their web page has already reported that same problem, among other expected parts missing — they told him send a video (sigh))

Customer service is apparently supposed to sell switches for $5.

Oh, and this is the inside of the head:

Are these codes I posted awhile back still good?
I forgot all about these and have been sitting here waiting to see if the price comes down any, GEEZ what a knucklehead, all I needed to do is look at my subscriptions I guess. wow

Really is odd how BG has that S2 description written and what parts they are saying that are included. A spring and a pill and switch cover…?? OH good and a BOX with one O ring.?
An alum ring, shouldn’t there be two at least, driver and switch…?

I also requested switches today at BG forum and mentioned maybe an option by Manker to sell either the newest switch the dual blue led lighted switch or have an option of a No light type switch, and suggested they just ask Manker what switch they used in those Cometa’s…
That was the best part of that entire light IMHO, and those Cometa switches went straight into the Krono box set and oh boy what a beautiful difference those dual blue LEDs made on those Krono GB lights,
Manker will sell anything that makes money.
I personally would buy easily 10-15 of those dual led switches immediately and willing to pay a fair price that’s over $5 to get them, that’s me though, most might not think their worth more than the $5 as mentioned on BG forum but I think that BG person Flash whomever it is answering questions, is thinking just your standard switch and probably doesn’t even know there’s an actually switch with lights in it,

I’m thinking someone who gets along with Neil could get a hold of him and he would know what those lighted switches would mean to some of us here anyhow and he might be able to get switches up for sale quicker than anyone else,
Just a longggg thought… ha ha

1 x Astrolux S2 Flashlight Shell Host (not included driver and led)

1 x smooth reflector
1 x spring
1 x pill
1 x aluminum ring
1 x lens
1 x switch cover
1 x o-rings
1 x box… that’s a relief
1 x clip

Manker had those switches made. Unless there is any leftover inventory it will be highly unlikely they will make more

Yes and they sure did look nice when I swapped them to the Krono set, and when looking at how they were put together it all looked real clean to me, solder, placement etc, really good looking switches.
Bugsy are you thinking they only had them made for that Cometa light… or flop light…?
I personally think they would sell a lot of them if people could get them, I mentioned I would buy quit a few and I recall mentioning to you that I certainly am lousy at trying to make your switches, and still havn’t gotten what one member suggested, a rework station, and even then I’d still screw them up probably, I’d be very happy to just buy them ha,

And by the way, in the post just up a couple here I asked if the code still works, well I am the OP here and well there never was a code in this thread to my recollection and reading what I posted I didn’t include a discount code.
But I CAN NOW and that S2 comes down to $14.99, that’s what I was waiting for but had it all right under my own nose,
What you have to do though is go through a link to BG or the code won’t work,
Oh, hum, we aren’t supposed to link to other peoples sites and especially this one I’m fairly certain, so if you want a code for 25% off I think it’s best you just send me a PM and I’ll tell you how to get there for the discount, I just don’t want a RUDE hit on my meter or something, :stuck_out_tongue:

M4x has the code.

Since they appear to be scraping the bottom of the barrel on these — see picture above — I wouldn’t encourage anybody to play this lottery at this point.

EDIT, but read on, there’s apparently some chance of getting the correct parts.

Well I am deciding to buy 1 EagleEye host on AliExpress or be sure it all comes packaged safely by going for a XML2 NW for a fee bucks extra.
Messaged vendor if 1 could be bought instead of tgr lot of 2.
Yes it can
I want to use the parts of the Kronos X6 since the ano chips off and that bugs me big time, it being such a nice light with that nice Bistro and NW tint.
Lol typing this made me decide to go for the complete light I know I can use the driver and LED in another light.

Anyone ever find a source for the tailswitches for the S2 host?

BG offered to sell me a tailswitch for $5, after selling me the host without a tailswitch.

Today in the mail I got — another host, also missing a tailswitch.

They don’t know what they’re selling.

I guess I can stick a penny in, plug the hole, and make them twistie lights.