Astrolux Hosts listed at BG

Anyone ever find a source for the tailswitches for the S2 host?

BG offered to sell me a tailswitch for $5, after selling me the host without a tailswitch.

Today in the mail I got — another host, also missing a tailswitch.

They don’t know what they’re selling.

I guess I can stick a penny in, plug the hole, and make them twistie lights.

I just posted on all three web pages and I will contact Neal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Incomplete Host, you need to Correct!!

No switch? That is totally incorrect! You always include the switch in any host! Here you are offering a host with no switch and you are offering the clear switch boot, which means people should be or could be using the lighted tail cap switch. Where are the switches? Why are you wanting to charge extra for a non-lighted switch that cost you 10 cents? Or a lighted switch that cost you 25 cents? This is ridiculous.

You need to offer the option of the regular switch or the lighted switch when ordering and you need to supply them at a Reasonable price!

You need to correct this right away. Contact your own Neal at Banggood and tell him and your bosses that Budgetlightforum people want this corrected right away.

Old-Lumens at BLF

Justin Valleau

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's worth a try, LOL.

Chuckle. Like BangGood staff could even know what they’re selling ….
So I paid an extra $5 to get a switch, and instead they sent another host just like the first one.

BOTH of the two hosts they’ve sent me that came without switches also look like this inside:

Imgur
!!

The people drop-shipping something to fulfill these orders are scraping the bottom of the barrel …

Can someone give me the inner dimensions of the Astrolux S2 pill/ head, and what size mcpcb.

I’ve just realized that the pill dimensions of the eagle eye X6 are different than those of the Astrolux S2. I’ve got 4 copper heat sinks that don’t fit my X6 hosts, and want to verify before I order S2.

Sorry, I don’t have a caliper to measure the hosts they sent.
I can approximate with a ruler if that’d be any use.

Just for the record, don’t buy a host for this light from BG unless you have a switch that fits.

BG Customer Service is still doing their little dance.

They’re now telling me they can prove I got the missing S2 switch that I paid the extra $5 to get.

They refer to the reorder number when they shipped me a second S2 host — also missing a switch.

It’s fun trying to be more patient than the machine (grin).

See the review thread at Astrolux S2 Taschenlampe Shell Host Aluminiumlegierung Taschenlampe DIY Zubehör Sale - Banggood Deutschland-arrival notice-arrival notice

Hi Ouchyfoot, wow you’ve been having some issues with this for awhile, I think I saw you mention this over on RMM thread or Hoop can’t recall probably Hoop,
I can help and have a lot of them but does it matter if it’s alum or Cu. newest versions or going back to Krono version.?
Honestly I didn’t know these had a pill, always thought that was a shelf, but it takes a 20mm for sure, just quickly measured the inner diam. but really can’t completely disassemble one at the moment, has two screws holding down the emitter as you know, are you guys thinking of using where the reflectors threads in to hold in a pill…??
I’m sorry if that sounds dumb but I’ve only been here for about 4 yrs lurking around watching you flashlight geniuses, so I’m a noob… But noob with calibers and no time right this instant help out. Please let me know precisely what you need and I can most likely get it this evening, My Dads 85 BD today, a big deal…

Wow Hank I darn near regret even posting these hosts, they have been nothing but trouble for you, NO one sells a host with no switch parts, that’s nuts.
But having read what you are going through, I had a coupon that allowed me to buy at BG the Cu S2’s for like $26 ea, so got one for me and my old Dad, his had a flaky blue LED, flickered like it was about to go out.
So contacted BG asking for just new switches to replace these defective ones, I told them a white lie about even mine was flickering and I told them, it only happens every time I twist the switch, meaning tail switch it flickers on and off and the light to, I can’t figure it out and I’m to inexperienced to try and fix the LEDs but can change out new switches, so what did they do??
They sent me a message this morning that they are sending two new Cu S2’s, all I wanted was switches and hope that a supply chain for switches could maybe be established, but nope to difficult, it’s easier to send me two new lights that are selling today for $50 something dollars, crazy…

Lol I ordered an Eagle Eye X6 with NW XML2 to swap my ugly Kronos important stuff with but I like it so much stock (how bizarre is that :wink: )
But still need something for my driver/led/tail combo of my terrible Kronos X6 (besides the ano faila I knew about I just discovered even rhr tube touching my pants ia losing ano as if rubbed with sandpaper :frowning:

I just don’t know if this Astrolux host is better then eagle eye (I think not and EE is much cheaper)

Astro mcpcb 20mm BLF and the driver DD17

Banggood has decided the $5 I paid for the missing switch is theirs, without any obligation to send me a switch.

Today’s mail:

And something different in today’s mail:

Imgur

Thanks to Betty Chen and to OL, who posted a very clear statement of what belongs in a host — I got switches.

Patience and politeness and assuming that while mistakes have been made, it will be possible to get it right….

Now, who can tell me what goes on the solder pads?

I’d like to make this into an amber, rather than blue, emitter — if I can solder this small stuff.

Can’t promise anyone else that they’ll be able to get switches with the hosts described in this thread, it took paying extra and much argument and several mistakes before I got something usable. If I can’t get proper drivers to work with these on the hosts I bought, I can at least make and swap amber switch boards for the stock blue-light tailcaps, I hope.

All I know is that Pilotdog has put everything about these LEDs on this thread How to for tail switch

Thanks for for the reminder, I”ll check in there.

Your very welcome Hank, this is something I’ve wanted to learn how to do so badly.
I was advised on that thread that the easiest way to build these lighted switches is with a rework station that has the hot air device so hopefully someday I hope to be able to get one.
And congratulations on your success with BG, I’ve had a lighted switch that arrived defective in a copper 14500 and they have promised me they would send a new switch but I’ve been waiting and watching what you’ve been through and just got a message today asking if I minded waiting another week or so, I guess we shall see, at least I’m able to be more hopeful now that I see that you finally got a switch that should have been in the box to begin with, just nuts really.

Say Hank, I don’t know if your still watching this thread but thought I’d try here and if can’t reach you I’ll send a PM.
Today I got two switches from BG, both are dual LED.
I had to get sort of creative with BG to get them to send them and it took about two months but I was sure shocked to see them arrive today, so first person I thought of was you and so took some pics here with the package skew number.
I knew they had made a new bunch of LED’s for that Cometa junk fake light that were dual LED so mentioned it to them and sent a message straight to Manker asking basically the same question and they said that BG should have them and I’m thinking now that they have let loose of a couple maybe with the skew number they may be able to get some to you and also start selling these like they should have in the first place, had a bit of a battle with them but it paid off. Had to fib a bit but no one knows that but me so all’s good I guess ha ha :laughing:

!

BG Dual LED switches 9.20.16

!

Wow.

The switches they finally, at long last, sent me — charged me $5 to get them — came with no components on the PCB.
(They came packaged labeled SKU447689, different than what they sent you)

I’ve concluded I don’t have the skill to make them right, the parts are too small for me to work with.
Hoping someone decides to start making them and I can send them out to get fixed.

I’d given up hope on them ever sending me actual working switches when they sent me those.
Maybe there’s still hope. But the thought of trying to get them to respond again is just dismal.

So, sigh, I emailed Betty Chen at BG with links to the above information.

Ya, your board is without LED’s but is a board ready to put LEDs on it, mine came with LED’s so all in all this is darn good news because the are now sending switches that are ready made to attached LED’s and I have the info now how to do that, so lets see if they post these on their site for sale, might make some money if they did that… Glad to see you must have got yours same day as me, great Hank, finally.

I was so excited to see these arrive yesterday I posted here and then PM’d you Hank,
I’m a guessing you got that message, sort of really excited maybe to much so but darn happy for a few reasons.

I really did need these two switches for the two that burnt out on two copper SC 14500 that I bought for my Fathers 85th BD one for him and another one for me and then dad calls and tells me the nice blue light had gone out of his light so I went over and swapped out my switch with Dads so he had to tail lighted switch and then commenced the months of back and forth with BG, but they did come through for me and now Dad being a snowbird and about to head back to AZ from up here in WA has a new improved dual LED switch and he’s so happy so BG just in time deliver was fantastic timing,

Dad says they doesn’t even need to turn the light on when pushing his walker around in the dark said the 2 LEDs are plenty bright, made me feel real good and darn proud of BG for coming through for me, they also changed Dads opinion about that damn made in China stuff… ha ha .

Look Hank I am only 60 yrs old and blind in one eye and can’t see out of the other, I am retired, No didn’t say retarded, well subjective I suppose, but anyhow I am going to buy the equipment that one of PD’s friends over on his thread mentioned in a passing comment, post said “I guess no one has told him (Me) about a re-work station” well I caught it and did my research and now I get it on how to set those damn tiny little parts onto that board and solder them all onto the board in one shot, well in theory anyhow, so now get the gear and it will be practice and then shipping some switches to any ole Hank I happen to admire, and I’m not going to mention anyone by name… :laughing: :+1:

By the way, that skew number off that BG package ought to mean something in the BG’s parts department, both of them, matter of fact I’d like to have your switch skew number if you would please for my notes, but it should tell their people now where to go find more switches because the way I see it, so my skew is for the LED lighted switches but any warehouse they generally will keep similar parts in the same area, so go look BG…!! Your skew is LED ready I can see that but is sent without LED’s, I’ve been seeing these ready made LED board used in many of the recent A6’s and other Manker products, that’s why I went and asked Manker about these boards and switches, Anyhow sorry long commentary as usual and nice to see you got the switch, finally…

By the way, DARN it Hank… CHEER UP, this is a great day and in Chinese this means something is happening,
Maybe my message to that girl at Manker, not sure at all really but now we see them and now we got them,
I’ve been fighting right there with you, just from a different angle… BUT WE GOT SWITCHES… Right
That was the mission and it has now happened and we didn’t wait off into the next Chinese New Years either, it only took me about 2-3 or more months, long enough I can’t recall in my older brain, lets see 2-4 brain cells so I’ve been told so must have been about that many months, hum…
OH, I know how long, Dads 85th BD was January, switch burnt out in his in February around my BD so gave him my switch and then it burnt out in March, so ALL YEAR…?? To darn long that’s for sure…
I have finally figured out how this LED switch thing is done, as I mentioned, well sort of…
And you will get some from me, if you want them, maybe you don’t want them beats me, that’s fine to, someone will want some LED lighted switches for $25 a piece, just kidding, and anyhow by the time I make one they will be considered old antique styled switches at the speed those folks over on PD’s thread are going at it, turning out some down right beautiful switches for sure, these are the old school near prototype switches.
But I keep my good eye on that project and am enthusiastic about it working out with the right equipment, I hope anyhow…

So please don’t be sounding so down in the dumps, alright, I mean for crying out loud, who am I to tell you anything other than CHEER UP, hell man if it would make you happier I’ll give you my new LED lighted switch and you can send me your ready to install LED switch, I have a couple like that already but I swap you if it means anything pal, what about that…?? I don’t want to but I will if it makes a difference, I watch you here and I personally like you, you don’t have to like me but I’d bet you’d like my switch… :laughing: