Astrolux M01

WOW, my threads certainly didn’t look like that, that’s too bad.

But my switch plate was completely loose, it actually fell off.

After owning all the other brands of 10180 lights I do, I just am not impressed with the quality of these Astrolux lights.

Another thing I noticed the other day was that most the other ones have gold plated switch plates that seem more rigid
thus having less play between low and and high.

The biggest complaint to me on these is the finicky low to high. But, that’s just me……….

:person_facepalming:

Will this be the last fiasco or will there be more?
I think that we must to move away from this maker, like to the plague

Yes, we’ll move to On The Road or Jax! :beer:

thete will be changes :slight_smile:

I have had this on my key chain ever since I got it. So far it has worked great. I am very happy with this improvement to my key chain.

Well, I just received a Astrolux S41 quad LED and guess what…………
One of the four LEDs is BAD. It is D-E-A-D

I tried to heat around the sides but no luck.
It looks to be re-flow mounted and I don’t have the ability to do anything with it.

I contacted Banggood and after many, many emails, I believe they are going to finally send me a new head.
It took over a week back and forth. I mean really?

At one point they wanted me to take it to a local repair shop. OMG you have to be kidding.
How many of you have a flashlight repair shop around you………LOL

It was like pulling teeth. One of the WORST customer service experiences ever. It was unreal. I even sent photos.

They just kept on wanting to send me just an LED. I kept telling them I have no way to mount it.
They don’t have any leads on them so I don’t know how I would unsolder and resolder it.

I don’t have a re-flow soldering heat blower.

Like I told them, I bought a light, if I had wanted to build a light I’d have bought parts.

Anyway, I’m not to impressed with Astolux right now.

I have had more defects in the 2 out of 3 I got than in the literally thousands of other lights I own.

well that makes me curious… :wink:

Right?

Well, I have been collecting flashlights for 40 years now.
I have all sorts (newer ones still playing around with) laying around, here and there.
My original main collection, from years ago, are all down my basement in a bunch of large totes.
Those are all the OLDER tube lights from many years ago. I stopped collecting older lights 10 years ago and
I started concentrating on collecting only older Generator lights and the newer LED lights, along with older flashlight displays.
Here are a few photos of the lights I have on display these days .

Thanks !

W
O
W

thats impressive! :open_mouth:

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I didn’t photograph most of my newer lights as they are strewn throughout the house…….LOL

mrtoolfool - wow, what a collection. Since I live in California, my first thought was - I hope you don’t live near an earthquake fault line. :stuck_out_tongue:

If fracking is big in in Iowa, the fault lines might not matter much!

LOL Now that’s FUNNY….

Nope, we don’t have to worry about quakes in this area. Just tornadoes :open_mouth: ………

So I was experiencing intermittent to no output… and I opened it up. I lost the contact board. I’ve looked all over the house for it and can’t seem to find it. It was a review sample sent out by Banggood… so I guess my review won’t be happening now! Both this one and the CooYoo have given me problems. I’m beginning to think key chain lights with built in chargers- kind of suck.

Hi
Who knows what the LEDs use astrolux m01?
Nichia 219B -D300?
Cree XP-G2 - R4?

They definitely don’t! Try the JETBeam Mini-1. I received it a few days ago and it’s my favorite 10180 lights now. Build quality is simply perfect on my units. Really smooth square cut threads. Mode switching is flawless.

Other than having to twist further than I would normally expect for a twisty, I have had zero problems with my M01 (Nichia). I could not be more happy. I have charged it about 4 times so far, and it has been on my key chain since day one, so it sees some rough handling. Perhaps I am lucky and got a really good one.

I agree Hobo, I have all three of the Jetbeam Mini-1 in Stainless, brass, Titanium, and they are all WELL built and smooth.

Yesterday I received a MecArmy FM11 “Right Angle” 10180 light. It is VERY WELL made. The quality is top notch.
I believe that it is the first 10180 light with a right angle LED, it has an actual switch on the top to turn it on and off and switch modes.
Three modes, low, med, high, and it has a nice magnet on the bottom for attaching it to something. Pretty neat little light, but somewhat pricey at 50.00 plus shipping. I have to mention I bought it from a new source for me nightowlgear.com and it arrived in a few days via priority mail.

Indeed, I would call you lucky.

I am SO disappointed with both my Astrolux M01 lights that I am not even putting them in my little collection display box.

Even though I won’t be actually using them in the display box, “I WILL KNOW” that they are just not up to my quality standards
and can’t add them to the collection. I know, I’m just weird that way…………LOL