Astrolux MF01 Battery Cell Imbalance?

I recently bought an Astrolux MF01 (XP-G3). In checking the battery voltages after a few runs, two of the cells come out at matched voltages, while the other two cells are dramatically higher and lower. For example two come out at 3.87v, the third comes out at 4.17v, and the fourth reads 3.7v. I numbered the batteries and the carrier slots, and it’s always the same pair of cell slots that come out unbalanced. Both pairs of cells read 8.7v or so across the battery carrier when paired by themselves in their respective slots. These are all brand-new Samsung 30Q button-top cells, and the cell imbalance matches to the carrier slot, and not to any particular battery.

All the LEDs appear evenly illuminated while running. I estimate around 9500 lumens in Turbo based on ceiling bounce compared to some other lights (although I know this could be way off).

Any ideas what could explain this voltage imbalance after discharge?

This is a known problem with the first generation of MF01 lights (some). This is discussed in the group buy thread for this light. If I have understood correctly, the contact tab in the plastic centering disc is not properly soldered to the carrier. Either re-solder the contact points of the carrier, or get a new carrier from Banggood if you’re not able to do this yourself. Of course verifying first with vendor, or checking this topic in the group buy thread is recommended.

Great, I’ll check out that thread. Thank you!

Starting from post #1382
It’s exactly your problem as described. Good luck!