Astrolux MF02 CW review w/ measurements (XHP35 HI, 4x18650)

Maukka, do you have a website with links to all of your reviews? I love your reviews and would love to read through more of them.

Just click on maukka’s name link. Then click on “My Threads”. It will show all the threads he started on BLF. There are a lot of reviews.

I just got my MF02 today and boy can it throw. You turn it on in the house at daytime and it seems like there is nothing there, but come night time, it throws ridiculously far for it's size. What a great little light, especially for its price. Feels really nice and balanced in the hand too. The 3500 protected keeppowers fit in the battery cage and there is no struggle to put them in.

spring bypass and cleaning does not affect the Output of this light as its a boost driver
It shows only your measurements are totally unreliable
get a cheap 30$ Luxmeter instead a mobile camera

and I can confirm that all new MF01/MF02 are now glued with red locktite, to get the head open is really really hard

My old wood clamps broke in my vise I am let someone making me new ones atm
this time a lot stronger material, thicker and CNC machined for perfect fitting

Red loctite on both? :person_facepalming:

Surely they will lose sales.

Your new MF02 is glued too?

I can’t choose between MF02 and Haikelite MT09R 35. There is no review of MT09R 35, but based on experiences of customers that is a disappointment. Furtunately I didn’t buy that in GB.

But it seems to me that I will not buy MF02 too because of glued bezel. :person_facepalming:

It can buy Utorch UT02, cheap and good. You will fashion R100 and you will have a good thrower.

I don't know if it is glued, but I'll take everyone's word that it has red loctite. Mine won't unscrew with massive hand pressure, I know that. My green illuminated light switch fades in and out. Is that normal for the MF02?

[quote=klrman]

[quote=Myers]

Yes, it’s normal, that’s what they term as ‘Breathing’ light… My Mateminco MT35 does the same.

Thanks, I never knew that and it does look kind of cool doing that.

Anyone happen to find a plastic cylindrical container with a waterproof lid that would fit the battery tube of the MF02? I got a spare tube and battery holder recently and want to keep a loaded one in the container when camping.