Astrolux S41 - presale ended

Yep. Very good picture. That should make clear to the QC people what to look for and which boards to reject.

That’s why there are specs for how much clearance is required between points at different electrical potential.
Barely enough isn’t enough.

Never, i Think. Because there is only time till tomorow to order the first with this price.

All Who dont want to get the first batch, I have read here that Nichia-Version is restocking. That means the first batch is fully delivered.
But as Kenjii wrote, the washer had not helped him to prevent the short cut while changing his screws.

Still no S41 in the mailbox today… :cry:

I’ve had mailbox fever for other lights before but this is one of the most expected i’ve been waiting for. :laughing:

Same.

Though today is a holiday in the States so no postal service.

I ordered on the 16th, and it shipped on the 20th.

Now ten days later on the 30th, USPS tracking still says “Origin Post is Preparing Shipment”.

Sometimes tracking isn’t very accurate when a package is in China though. Hopefully it will arrive this week.

Mine is sitting at post in NYC. I did get the 18650 tube which just makes me more impatient…!

at least you got to the “shipped” stage. I too ordered on the 16th but must have been too late in the day for them to still have stock!lol

I am in the same boat. It supposedly shipped on the 20th but tracking has been saying that “Origin Post is Preparing Shipment”. My concern is that they generated the shipping notification without dropping one in the mail to me and that I could be possibly overlooked on restock because my order is tagged as shipped already…The wait is half the fun but having an order disappear in a black hole is not.

I ordered on May 17th, it shipped the 22nd and arrived in my country on the 28th - 4 days ago… Looking good.
I ordered a second one on the 25th and it’s still processing.

I can’t wait til the orders for this light start ebbing and they release it in host form.

Any issues with oligt 16340 on this light? I am using that, the LEDs turn on no problem. Not aware if there is anything I need to look out for.

Same here. :frowning:

Hmm, looks like the pre-order option/price was removed even though it hadn’t yet reached 500 units (was at 454 on last refresh). It was only increasing by 3-4 per hour today so I doubt it increased by 46 just in the last two hours or so since my last refresh.

totally normal to have a end date/ timelimit for a presale…

As a host, the board and optic must be included, that leaves the difference with a complete light at everything minus leds and driver, not sure how much cheaper that would make it…

Hi.
I have just received mine,but it is a lemon.No light, when I put a new charged Keeppower battery.
Any help please?
Of course I have sent a message to BG,but I am not optimist…
Edit.
I opened the front side and I saw that there is one screw only,which is not in contact with the metal surround.

Ouch! You may be relatively lucky though, no cooking battery after switching on??

Yes lucky,but with a dead light. :frowning:

Hi,

please check your springs. If these are sagged now you had a short inside.

Regards

Kenjii

Ηi Kenjii,thank you for your response.
I think I found the cause.I swapped all the parts with those of a A6,and found that when I had put a certain combination,the light was on.So I searched again,and finally found that the little black tube that it was with the light,was anodized on one side,so it was not possible to make contact and close the circuit.So,when I put the little tube from a Astrolux S1,which I had,(before I give it as a gift to my nephew keeping the little extra tube),the light went OK,the same as putting the long tube of the A6,together with a Samsung 18650 30Q battery.
So,I have a OK light,but the little tube is useless,unless I rub it on a sand paper,so as to grind the anodizing of the one side.
I sent a message to BG before I found the cause,and now I am to send them a new one asking for what?Can you please suggest what should I ask for?

You have all the right in the world to try to get it fixed with Banggood and you may actually like to spend the time and effort to do this. But if not, I would just sand off the ano on the top of the tube (sandpaper on a flat surface, keep the tube straight up), 3 minute job, and if the light works I would call it a day.