Astrolux S41 - presale ended

as i know…its sold out…have to wait a few days….like me:))

i hope to get info soon

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63_64&product_id=700
this can fit in this flashlight??

Yes , with Carclo quad optics :

But you will need to add some copper under the mcpcb (1-2mm ?) because the height of the optic is different . Some people have done it.

:cry: And the wait continues, a month after ordering I get this email:

Sorry to bother you.

We were sorry to tell you that the items [+Design;CREE XP-G2] and [+Design;nichia 219B] in order were still out of stock and will be restocked in 7 to 9 days.

Would you mind waiting for the item ?

Waiting for your early reply.

Best regards

:cry:

huge interes for it……it happens…no problem tino…dont worry…i wait also.:slight_smile:

I don’t doubt the Efest is better, but I am happy with the BestFire 18350 IMR in mine. I ordered another one. Bestfire 18350 IMR

Hi.
I have a subscription here from the beginning and I was receiving updates till 06/10, #1051.Then I didn’t receive anything.
Why? Have I done something wrong?

If you don’t read a post , you won’t get a notification for the next one…

Or sometimes the site signs you out and you have to sign back in. If you get signed off you won’t get any notifications.

Put long 18650 tube on with a 30q. Dang this light rocks! But I like it better with the short tube in place. My current fave light. Still surprises me how powerful the S41 is.

Looks fantastic. Does the screw pitch on that clip match this light?

There are no threaded holes in the tailcap, but slots. So I used nuts, between the side of the tailcap and the boot.
There was no need to enlarge the slots with a file or something like that.

Thanks. I asked because this clip fits the (unthreaded) holes in the tailcap of my A6 just fine, but the S41’s unthreaded holes are set just a little closer together so the same clip wouldn’t work. Just to be clear, when you say ‘slots’ are they round or elongated?

> clearance on the spring side

Solved that one with a little filing, removing part of the “overhang” where the chips stick up:

Thank you guys. :slight_smile:

I think (I hope) that Manker used the V1 version of Nichia 219B, I tested it later (link ) and on a copper board it tops at 4A, so if the quad stays under 16A, preferably at 9.6A (I like my leds at 80% of maximum output), you’re good:

Just today I got my Astrolux S41 (Nichia version) in, just measured it on a fully charged dark purple Efest 18350 cell. The current is 9.2A (measured with tail off, replaced by thick copper loop and clamp meter), the output (with tail so the current will be a tad lower) is 1600lm at 3 seconds after switch-on, 1360lm after 30 seconds.

So on a good 18350 cell, apart from that this light is too small for 25W power ( :smiley: ), when the battery is full, the leds are driven close to their (IMO) current sweetspot.

Sorry I did not express myself clear enough. From this picture I “borrowed” from djozz in the “What did you mod today?” thread you can see that the holes in the tailcap are slightly elongated. And my clip also came from a BLF SE A6 tailcap.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess the QC issues in this light extend to the holes in the tailcap — as you can see here, mine are slightly closer together than on my A6, and aren’t elongated like yours.

I like the fit of an Armytek Prime clip (see below) better than the included stock clip, which gets sort of pushed out of place by the head of the light. But I’d rather be using a screwed-on clip than a friction fit.

The short tube of s41 can fit the blf a6.