Auction Closed: 3C Maglite with an MT-G2 - Closed

Very cool, bump to the top. :slight_smile:

I can feel the bidders hating me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Back to the top.
Better hurry bidders, less than a hour left.

I bet his inbox gets flooded in about 58 mins lol

interested to see how this ends

69min. left.

No, I THINK there is 2 minutes left . If OL is using Texas Time.

Dan

If he were using CDT, not CST. I PM'd him.

Can't wait !!! Can't wait..... Don't wanna wait!

Dan

Knowing OL.... it will in reality be "OL Time" Ha! He's like me... we each have our own world...and time! Ha! Doesn't matter anyway... ALL FUN!!! But, that's why I tell someone... I'll call you at 11:00... TEXAS TIME CDT, CST, MT, PT, PMS.... I can't keep all that straight.

FUN!!! Dan.

Ended?

where does it say that it is post #1 and not reply#1? over the first post it says how many replies the thread contains, and that is as many as the # in the last post…
(doesn’t really matter, but i’d like to help you sleep well, so you don’t have to wonder about it. but maybe now you will be angry or confused about why they decided to use reply # instead of post # :wink: )

Don't have a kniption, I was just bumping the auction thread.

Wasn't that more interesting than

Bump!

I don’t know whether I like these secret auctions. I believe there may have been a conspiracy behind this one? I believe we have just had OL/Dan Gate. MI5 is on its way to investigate.

OMG! From the guy who wanted the first bid to be $1?? Really?? There’s a conspiracy concerning conspiracies, but I think someone is conspiring to hide that fact from the rest of us.Tongue OutTongue OutTongue Out

To bad it ended before the posted end time.

Pretty sure it ended after the posted deadline

Do we get any details of the auction or is it for OL eyes only?
I was interested in how the auction went and who the lucky bidder was.

11CST is 12CDT, I'm in EDT so it should have ended at 1PM in my time zone but the auction was posted as closed at 12:45.

Just as well, I'm spending way too much on lights, batteries and chargers the last few months.

Correct Answer.

I actually was doing something else and it was after 11 O'clock Central Standard Time. Now, of course, some might call it CDT, or DST, or PMS time, or KMA time, or whatever anyone wants to call it, but when I look up at the clock and it shows the little hand on the 11 and the big hand on the 12 And the Sun is Shining, I generally have accepted that as 11 O'clock AM no matter what day of the year it is, (except for leap year and we all know you can't trust the time during a leap year). I even went to my Google friends right now and they say it's:

7:28 PM
Saturday, September 14, 2013 (CDT)

Time in Tyler, TX

Of course that's not accurate because I will not post this till after that time, since I run my mouth so much.

I see, CDT and I call it CST. Maybe it's Old Timers Disease. I am old enough that I have always referred to any time as Standard time. Well, I have to say I am wrong, but I always will call it CST no matter what month of the year it is.

What is the difference between central standard time central daylight time?

Answer:

The Central Time Zone in North America, is based on the mean solar time of the 90th degree meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory. In the United States and Canada, this time zone is generically called Central Time (CT). Specifically, it is Central Daylight Time (CDT) when observing daylight saving (Summer between mid-March and early November), and Central Standard Time (CST) when observing standard time (Winter).
Let me put it this way, the Auction is over, move on to something else...Wink

I have to admit the curiosity is killing me to know how much this light went for.

In all honesty I dont believe that we will ever know and I really dont want to know. Some lucky bidder got himself a light from two extremely well respected people on this forum. We can only hope that there will be more lights like this built and there will be opportunities for more lucky bidders. Since I became a member here on this forum I feel privileged that there are other people out there that have taught me things I had know idea existed about lights in a very short time and it is collaboration builds like this that to me make lights like this very special and very rare built by very special people.
The returns on lights built again like this is ZERO. If you are lucky you may recover costs. It is the enjoyment and the challenge that makes this an enjoyable hobby and the enjoyment that this brings to other people that keeps us going. OL has said that he wants to move on and the reason for this is more than likely he needs a new challenge to keep the enjoyment going in this funny little hobby of ours.
I hope the above makes sense and you all understand my waffle.
Without members like you guys here this would be a very different forum. Thanks guys for this build and from me and others here cheers. :beer: