[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

If I could fine the lithium AAAs I have I would volunteer . . .

Thanks fellas, I’d volunteer too and I will as soon as I get my hands on the C01s (still in the post) and the lithium primary AAAs which are also in the post.

I suspect the output may be a tad stronger (can’t measure this myself) but as soon as I can I’ll do a eyeball runtime test to see.

Just figured someone would have beat me to it already :wink:

this is about Lithium primary:

and I just did this test, in a 5600k C01
Lithium primary 11.1 lumens
Eneloop 10.7 lumens

the advantages of Lithium primary are that they store for a very long time, and tolerate heat and extreme cold better… I prefer Eneloop for regular use. It means Im not afraid to run the light whenever I feel like it. With Lithium Primary, Im always worrying about when its going to run out, and how not to waste them, since they cost money :wink:

Same here.
The lithium primaries are stored in the earthquake cache.

The order of 2 lights that I’m still awaiting is
2018.11.20 21:20 (GMT-7): Acceptance
2018.11.20 21:20 (GMT-7):

Typo in the date corrected in earlier post; thanks for your close scrutiny.

As of today, tracking shows:
Shipment ready for dispatch
Parcel Status In transit at country of origin

I emailed and asked if it could be lost in China somewhere; they said wait for it.

darn
place new order
dispute the shipment, request refund.
it could have been so much easier… but then, boring… LOL

speaking of warm LEDs… this is not Yuji, but its 3000k :wink:

That’s about right. I get a slight improvement in brightness using a lithium primary in this light. I use Energizer lithium primaries in all of my AA and AAA lights if they cannot take a 10440 cell as I don’t use a lot of them all that often.

There has been reports here of Energizer lithiums leaking but I have some AA and AAA lights that have had them in for years and have NEVER leaked.

I’m sorry but it’s hard to believe that some have posted here that this light is their favorite light of all time! At the low price I received mine, it’s a bargain especially with the trit and magnet cutout in the tail but favorite light? I’m going to use mine as a alkaline AAA cell drainer! :smiley:

If you knew just how beloved the E01 was, seeing people say these are their favorite lights of all time wouldn’t come as much of a surprise. There’s something deeply nostalgic about these lights, especially the 3200K version. Are they my favorite lights of all time? No. Now if they came in a 4000ish K version they’d be a damn strong contender.

what light is that and where can anyone purchase (if available)?
it looks great.

click the photo, and all will be revealed :slight_smile:

As posted in another thread (about diffusers and wands):

The cap of Vicks Inhaler :wink: Fits perfectly :+1:

I just got reply email saying they’re going to reship my order; the first package with two lights is still tracked as somewhere in “country of origin” .

Impressive specs, order placed for two in the 5600k flavor :slight_smile:

Any new insight on the C01 Pro? Nichia! over on CPF said he got a message from Sofirn on Ali that they were preparing to release it in 2 weeks.

That would be nice. I sometimes get information from Barry, but he is pretty silent lately.

Same on TLF. I asked Sofirn about news on C01 Pro, SP70 and Q8 extension tubes but they couldn’t give me any updates yet.

I waited to order mine until the colored versions were available, and they’re finally getting close. The tracking information says the post office couldn’t deliver them on Wednesday due to snow. I guess some of the roads still had snow on them on Wednesday, but they were definitely clear Thursday.

And Friday.
And Saturday.

This is getting a little ridiculous. So much for, “Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.”

One observation: they get a tracking number some days before they actually fill the order.

I got emailed the tracking number for sending me replacements for my lost-in-china-for-2-months order.
A few days later I got mail saying that model (black, warm) is out of stock, please pick a different model.

[As of today 2/17, 7Track says nothing is in the mail yet with that number]

Presumably they’ll use the same tracking number once they actually send me the flashlights.

Seems the tracking number doesn’t mean someone actually put the lights into the mail, just means that they intend to.

Hank, sorry to hear you’re still waiting, and now the black is out of stock.

The colors at least are still mostly in-stock. As of my check just now:
47 x Blue 3200K
44 x Red 3200K
49 x Red 5600K

I don’t know if more black anodized C01’s are in work. Even if sold out, in a way, it’s a good thing, because that would mean this was a successful BLF collaboration, and good motivation for Sofirn to continue partnering with this community.

They show 580 orders were made for the black, and 220 orders of the color editions. If they’ve used up all their Yuji’s, then that suggests about 2.3 lights per order. It seems pretty plausible that the production of the C01 is over (although Yuji does still have the 5600K in stock).

sad that the yuji led is discontinued. C01 is a great light for kids. I don’t know if C01 Pro is good for kids, since it has two brightness levels 100LM-3LM