[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

+1 :sunglasses:

On a side note Sofirn has a nice shade of blue. I wonder why they wouldnā€™t do it for this light?

Some people on the survey have suggested orange. Personally I wonder why there arenā€™t more safety-orange lights out there (although they probably meant a more normal orange, haha).

Link to take the survey: Ano Colours! Survey

YES!

Technically, thatā€™s what clear anodizing is - corroded plain aluminum. The corrosion is just a controlled process that results in an even, durable oxide layer.

There are variations on the process that can result in a chalky or gritty finish, but if its the same basic type of anodizing and has the same sealing coat applied, it should feel the same as the colored versions, just without any dye added.

I suspect the appearance of being chalky looking is partially due to that picture. Hereā€™s another picture without water droplets and in different lighting:

It just looks like standard clear anodizing to me.

The other gold color Noir linked on the SF34 above isnā€™t very good looking, but I think I kind of like the pale gold.

Maybe I could get my warm lights in pale gold and my daylight versions in clear so bodies show me the approximate tint at a glanceā€¦.

I hope the Purple is a dark bluish one. I would like to see a color you can see sometimes on a dark aubergine if the light hits it. (It is allowed to dream)
Black is also a must and then i am not 100% sure. The silver is very plain (and easy to obtain by yourself). The red is ok but i really would like to see the light gold.

I was thinking the same idea. Red and gold for warm, silver and purple for cool. Black would be the ā€œwild cardā€ just in case 2 of the same ā€œtint colorsā€ win.

If Iā€™m not too late I would be in for 2 of these - one each of 3200k and 5600k.

Thanks,

John.

The black, pale gold, and red all look great!

Taking a poll for colors without at least a swatch or some confirmed examples by Sofirn is basically the blind leading the blind.

Well, we do have some actual color ā€˜samplesā€™ in the form of existing Sofirn lights. Of course things could turn out differently, but I doubt it would be THAT much different, that it would change peoplesā€™ votes.

The difference in gold between the SF34 and SP32A would be the first example that comes to mind just based on the recent samples posted. Itā€™s also anyoneā€™s guess as to the actual shade of purple people are imagining when putting in their votes.

Yeah, some people do have some Very Particular taste when it comes to ano colors. But, perhaps most of us have a range that weā€™re comfortable with? So, ā€˜redā€™ is a good enough descriptor to know that I want a ā€˜redā€™ ano light, even if it is a bit pink or a bit orange. Likewise, ā€˜purpleā€™ is adequate to describe a range from ā€˜violetā€™ to ā€˜blurpleā€™ as one member coined the term for ā€˜bluish purpleā€™ a few posts back. Maybe most of us are okay with that range? If not, weā€™ll certainly hash it out when samples do come available. Thatā€™s what we do here at BLF. :wink:

NO.

Maybe we should have put black as one of the choices in the poll, so we could see how it fares. Iā€™m really curious now to know how many people really do want a black ano version of this light. :smiley:

We should vote knowing that the exact color is uncertain, so if you normally like reds or purples, go ahead and vote for red or purple respectively, unless a pink or a pastel purple would be completely unacceptable.

Still, I think itā€™s reasonable to hope that existing Sofirn lights accurately reflect what this light will have, otherwise I would not have posted images above of existing lights.

On the other hand, perhaps posting the images even though there is no example of a purple Sofirn light is unfair to purple - out of sight, out of mind.

By the way, on color wheels, violet is normally considered between blue and purple, so violet would actually be the ā€œblurple.ā€ Donā€™t study this topic too much, though. It will make your head spin.

Agree. Letā€™s not drag this out even further.

Sofirn seems to be ready to go, we are fortunate enough they are making these lights with our feedback and the fact they are giving us the choices of colors.

Letā€™s just finish the poll and accept what they give usā€¦.

Yeah, I use the word violet wrongly, but I canā€™t stop. I always think of it being the redder ā€˜purpleā€™ like a mix of purple with a little magenta. I think of ā€˜purpleā€™ as being more balanced, and then a bluish purple or ā€˜blurpleā€™ on the other side. Like I said, I know itā€™s technically wrong, but itā€™s what Iā€™ve got in my head.

I really like that pale gold! Red and black seem fine but that silver is VERY silverā€¦

I voted for the silver and then purple. Now, seeing the silver, it looks terrible and red would be better. For me, black or HA is always my first choice. Too few HA lights available now, especially small ones.

Purple then red. Iā€™d love dark grey, and green (like the Foursevens Preons), and would like blue and orange as well. Maybe weā€™ll see some of those if this is popular enough. Oh, and hot pink, too!

Basically, everything but yellow. :smiley:

I may be very ā€œnormativeā€ but black is always my first preference for lights :wink: And it would be the first on this too! :stuck_out_tongue:

I do see your preference for red, and despite I donā€™t like red that much, I didnā€™t put it on the last place (which was ā€œpale goldā€)!
I wish there was the blue, instead, and it would be my second preference. As it was notā€¦other took itā€™s place :smiley:

Lest see how the poll ends :+1: