[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

I would like dark gray, a little different from common blak anodized

Whoa… Been off the forum for a bit tending to family stuff, glad I popped back in.

I’d be willing to commit to buying 3 of these lights in the 5600k variant, colors to be determined (not all black and I don’t want the clear annodized-silver). Purple, orange, dark blue, red are all awesome choices.

Please add my name and info to the Google docs list and reference this post. Is that how this interest thread is going? I assume if it’s a go there will later on be a standard group buy thread started?

-Jason

Hi Jason! Welcome back! :sunglasses:
For the colours, options so far are black (decided) and 4 other (pale gold, silver, purple and red) in discussion and voting on this poll/survey: Ano Colours! Survey

Member iamlucky13 will add you to the interest list! I guess that later, when everything is decided and the lights are produced there will be some news about notification and buying process :wink:

Keep seein the post to look to the updates :+1:

Just so you guys are aware, Sofirn’s photos of the pale gold are a bit misleading, based on the SP32As people have received, mine included.

It’s actually darker in real life, and changes with the light, but even when exposed to bright sunlight, it doesn’t reach the champagne-like gold the photos suggest.

I still like it (YMMV), but I think it has too much of a green component to be called gold, and certainly not a yellow or bright gold.

FWIW, while I don’t have a desert sand S2+ in front of me to compare the two, I think it’s similar to that color, albeit based on photos of the Convoy alone.

In for a 3200K flavour.

I’d like 3 of each please. Thanks

Survey update:

It seems a lot of people want an olive/green, and camo or green was recommended as a way to appeal to the prepper types.

Green/olive HA was mentioned as well as natural HA.

Blue, grey, and orange are other colours people have recommended.

We are up to 61 respondents and the current standings are silver, red, purple, and gold in that order.

Obligatory survey link: Ano Colours! Survey

Results link: Welcome to SurveyMonkey!

I agree with other color options. I would pick olvie/green and orange as my first 2 choices if they were available.

Personally I would prefer a black/dark gray over any other color, so that’s why I picked silver in the vote. However if there was a guaranteed black and this was a secondary color, I would want a bright orange/red for visibility.

Black is guaranteed as far as I am aware.

Edit for further clarity:
Sofirn said they would do 3 colours. Black is assumed, so the poll is for the 2 colours that aren’t black.

Ah, then that does change my vote. I’ll have to see if I can actually change it!

Ed: No, can’t update my vote, unfortunately.

Interested in a couple of them, whatever color - say three.

Ok ..so why does the poll have only ugly colors ?

My vote is olive . khaki, army green,sand,slate grey., burgundy, and dark blue .

:smiley: Nice set of colours :wink: I guess olive would be nice :slight_smile:

But…those on the poll are the ones indicated by Sofirn to make this flashlight happen!
Some more colours would be nice, though :+1:

Maybe if these lights sell well enough, Sofirn may be willing to produce more colors.

I may have missed it somewhere, but how long is the color poll going to go for?

We are having this poll now so that Sofirn has an idea about our preferences, but at this moment Sofirn is not busy with the colours but with getting the first prototypes done. Barry did suggest that the more lights are sold, the more colours are going to be an option. I think that is fair enough.
About the prototypes, I asked about if BLF members could be testing them, but Sofirn will be doing tests themselves (which I find a pity), but they are happy to take our input on which tests should be performed, and they will make video’s about the tests.
If any BLF testing will take place before production, I don’t know.

Testrun:
Half of the first prototypes get potted, then toss them from the 3th floor like a Fenix. :smiling_imp:

I voted red number 1, that light looks good in red for sure. Black is so damn boring.

I also like high vis gear, orange would be top preference of unlisted colours.

I voted red number 1 as well, but I would really like to buy this one in Army Green/Olive

Another question (and I know its a budget light): Is there a plan to launch a gift box edition? Something like:

^ I’m pretty sure that all that is fully depedent on the sales of this light, and also I’m pretty sure that the 500 or so lights that are currently on the interest list will not suffice for deciding extra’s, so we will have to see how the market developes once the light is for sale.