[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

If faut reculer pour mieux sauter (pardon my French).
Or: one must draw back in order to make a better jump.
And the distance from your home to Vaals is a perfect run-up.

So what was corroding?

It was the legs of the led corroding because they were exposed. If the white stuff was not protecting the driver board (which I think it did), perhaps corrosion could have happened at more places.

I’m not a physics expert but from a bit of web searching it seems likely there is a current flowing through the water, causing the water molecules to break down and leaving the water impurities behind. Not a very clear explanation, but if you search electricity flowing through water you will see what I mean. The brown crud may just be the minerals in the water that are left behind after the water breaks down. Or perhaps this is also leading to the leads corroding as you stated.

So maybe there’s somewhat of a misinterpretation as for the need of potting in wet situations. Maybe it’s not so much that it’s needed for it to work at all, but needed for things to work in the long term?

Please add me to the interest list for 3 black 5600k and 3 black 3200k, 6 total

add me in for 1 x 5600
1 x 3200.
both black possible.

thanks.

I would like 2 of each, please.

It seems so. In that aspect the non-hardening compound that Sofirn put in the prototypes may not be utterly useless after all. Btw, the stuff seems to be a bit stiffer than two weeks ago, maybe Barry’s promise that it would harden over a couple of months (which sounded as a bit of nonsense to me) was not entirely untrue.

Please add me to the list for 1 warm tint and 1 neutral tint. Thanks

Please add me to the list as well — 4 warm tint and 1 neutral…
Thanks for making this happen and all the diligent testing!

Please add me to the list for 2 warm tint lights. Thanks!

I was directed here from another forum. Can I please be added for 2 warm and 2 neutral? Thanks!

Could I request to be added for two warm and two neutral tinted versions please?

Im down for 5 of the cooler tint.

Thanks for setting this up!

Please put me down for 10 of the cooler color.

I get that this is an interest list, and not a commitment at this point. I have a few questions, though:

1. What are the reasons for choosing warm vs. cool, besides personal preference?
2. The informative post at the top of this thread appears to state that there will be red, blue, and black. Will we get to choose?

I apologize if these have been answered elsewhere in the thread. I did read the two most important (IMO) posts fully — #1 and #288, and didn’t see answers to these, and, well, I honestly don’t want to go through 1354 other posts to try to hunt down the info :frowning:

Warm vs cool is pretty much a personal preference thing more than anything else, but cool will be a few lumens brighter. Many see warm as a more comforting/relaxing and less harsh on night adjusted eyes. Others see cool white in high CRI to be more daylight like.

For the price, try 1 warm and see if you like it.

You summed that up very nicely.

Here is my LongVersion :slight_smile:

1. you guessed correctly, the reasons are Personal Preference, based on experience with different usage scenarios.

I suggest you get one of each, as it is a very inexpensive way to learn a whole lot about Color Temperatures, how our brain’s White Balance changes in different lighting conditions, and to explore your own Personal Preferences

I like Cool during the day because when my brain is white balanced to sunlightm cool looks “white” and Warm looks “yellow”.

Some people want the brightest light they can buy. Cool White is brighter.

Some people say Warm white looks Dimmer, and I agree it IS.

Some people say Warm white looks “dirty”, and I agree it can, when my brain is adapted to Cool White.

Some people say Cool White has more “glare”, it does. Blue light bounces back more.

Some people say Cool White is too “blue”, it can be, when my brain is adapted to Warm White.

I like Warm on my nightstand, and at other times when my brain is adapted to darkness or Incandescent light, because having less blue light makes it easier to go back to sleep, and because at that time Cool looks “too” blue. I also find Warm White better suited for a “relaxing” atmosphere, and Cool White better for tasks that involve higher activity levels…

I will “chill” with a Warm White Light, and I prefer the Cool White if Im actively working on some tasks.

When looking at food, Cool White will look closer to how it looks during the day, instead of how it looks under candle light.

2. Yes, you will get to choose the LED and the body Color when you order.

some additional info from one of the 1000+ posts you did not get to. And btw, you have my respect for reading the first post, I understand completely that you might not have the inclination to read every single post in this thread :slight_smile:

I will be very surprised if the price includes shipping, but I hope you are right :wink:

Thank you for all your efforts to make this High CRI Light available. I like everything about it, and cannot think of anything else it needs to be a great single mode AAA light.

I dont think it needs to be compared to a Fenix, in fact, that would be a bit of an insult to the Sofirn C01, which has several excellent features that the Fenix lacks.

There is no one best light.

imo is better to buy and try different kinds, to determine which ones suit your personal style the most. I have a Fenix E01, it was one of the first LED lights I bought. It has the angry blue tint and low CRI that I now love to hate, so I never use it.

One of each temp please-thanks!

New here

Please put me in the group buy for two warm tint black

thank you