Bad luck with all my recent flashlight purchases..

The last number of flashlights i purchased, i have had bad luck with many of them. The recent Manker E02 i purchased died after a month, (but Maker replaced that one and all is good there now) next the jetbeam pro i ordered from Gearbest never arrived. (gearbest refunded finally after some resistance) A recently received Solarforce L2 host i received now has some contact issue and flickers, (regardless of the P60 drop-in i have in it)
the Haikelite MT01 i received a few weeks back from a group-buy here on BLF also has some annoying issues, it shuts off randomly, won’t turn on randomly, locks up in random modes when on and wont turn off via the switch, (have to un-screw the body to shut it off) is it all bad luck?

Perhaps you need one Nitecore…. or Olight, or Fenix… Emisar D4, zebralight, Jetbeam PA40…? all my last arrives and all fine.
I’m sorry, perhaps is really bad luck….

In the past I have also had problems with lights sunwayman, Olight, nitecore, Imalent, Niteye and Armytek, DOA or with problems …… bad luck is there, the most important thing… is to be able to recover our money and get another ….

:beer: :beer: recover the money and try again.

Man that really sucks. I’m sorry you’re having bad issues. Getting a new flashlight for folks like us is supposed to be a joyous occasion. Hopefully you can get all the problems resolved and enjoy your purchases the way they are meant to be enjoyed. I’ll pray to the Lumen Gods for you to get resolution.

for solarforce host you can try to add some thin solder to the switch PCBs outer contacts then screw the retaining ring tight

I think it is a statistical anomaly. If you purchase items over a period of time, there will be various issues with shipping, contact points, switches, leds, cells, springs, etc. Sometimes, these issues will not happen for a long time; sometimes these issues will happen closer together. This will happen with any items from various price/quality tiers.

I have a Solarforce L2 host with drop-in as indicated in my signature, and a Manker, and I have had no issues with them. I have had a small amount of easily resolvable issue with my lights, all too small to mention. Happy camper here.

Thankfully the only light I’ve had that had problems not related to being dropped was a Jetbeam BA20 that was DOA. I sent it back to them, and it returned working awesome :slight_smile:

Well I’ve had two DOAs in about a week time. Communicating with two vendors as if it’s a ride on a Ferris wheel. Verrrry slow, but just enjoying the ride as I know I have Paypal on my side.

I have a few of all those brands. Most of them are great with no problems, but oddly all four Sunwayman lights I have either arrived with issues or failed, and Sunwayman has ignored all my emails and requests for assistance with them in the past, so I long since red flagged Sunwayman and never bought from them again. It’s just the rash of issues & failures of all the last 4 or 5 lights I ordered is dissapointing.

Relevant:

Sunwayman, was one of my favorites when I started with the flashlights: I love M11R, V20C, and others …… but recently I have problems with C15A, F10R, F40A, and R10A.
They have lost the Premium category 2 or 3 years ago. They do not have the quality of years ago.

I don’t believe this dude
Apparently he has a water damage

I had never problems with my collectionf Sunwayman flashlights
I hardly used them a lot but that’s not the point

My F40 flickers constantly, (started after 2 weeks of use) my M30’s magnetic driver failed completely, (second driver failed too!) was sent two P02A penlights for review, one the rear switch failed in just days after review, then their replacement was a DOA) and they hard- glue this light’s threads so the switch can not be replaced) and lastly my C22 randomly switches modes, and sometimes the low mode does not work. worst brand of flashlight i ever owned.

At least you’re not Battery Junction, whose ad for the C22C pops up at the end of that video. :person_facepalming:

Funny story, that. In the comments section of the vid I posted, the guy behind the Chiinnature channel says that Sunwayman is in some sort of partnership with Battery Junction, another business that as far as I’ve heard has awful CS practices.

Hey DBSAR, sorry to hear of your troubles. Certainly makes a fun hobby frustrating. I had a similar issue with a Solarforce L2 and Sportac triple I put together for a work light. In my case it turned out to be the battery tube being slightly over sized allowing the battery to rattle back and forth and break contact. I added a couple extra layers of battery wrap to the battery until it just fit into the tube. No more flicker. Hopefully this will work for you as well.

this is the only torch you need in your life and already proven since middle ages :+1:

I have had runs where there were 5 or 6 bad lights in a row. My most recent 2 orders, one order had 1 light and it was bad, second order had 5 lights and 1 was bad. For this reason I have severely cut back on the amount of lights I buy, not worth the hassle to try and fix them or get replacements. Wonder if they will ever implement type of quality control. How long does it actually take to slip a battery in a light and test it before shipping. They would probably come out better and save themselves some money if they did this.

The match is struck. A blazing star is born!

i feel sorry for the red t-rex on your signature, but it quite hilarious to see :smiley:

Try to change the switch for the SolarForce host. I had one that gave me contact issues and took me a while to realize it was a bad switch.