bag-o-lights (winner is drawn)

I hate this light, the Ultrafire 602C. Too big for a 16340 light, too small for proper heatsinking. I tried to love it, give it a nice Nichia on copper, polish it, make it pretty. Nothing worked, I hate the looks of it. I’ll probably give it new life with a red led as a bike tail light, who knows.

And maybe you want to make a first, second and theird and send out smaller boxes but three of them?

I'm not in djozz and the amount of crappy lights I've had lately is disappointing. I'd just like to take the time to thank you for the invaluable information you have posted up here as I've used it time and time again planning on lights to build. My only other thought is 6000 posts, you really need a life man.

^

You've been on a roll lately.

djozz, congrats on 6K and please keep talking. Eleven lights? I hope this giveaway isn't a sign of your interest in the hobby starting to wane. I don't have most of those lights, but I think it would be hard for me to part ways with a good number of them.

Anyway, I'm in. Here is my least liked. It's an AB-2518 and I don't understand the Chinese characters that appear to be the maker's name. It has a nice zoom action, but the beam in flood is very narrow and the beam zoomed all the way out is still quite wide and way out of focus. The output is pretty dim and is a bit purple tinted. It's wide for a AA (cells rattle) and the flashlight is made out of plastic. Way too big a mod challenge for me.

Been looking for a friend to give it to that has a kid young enough to appreciate it.

my modded sk 68 clone

Your giveaway is too big! I like to keep my collection small. I don’t have that much love to pass around to a ton of lights. :smiley:

What is the light with the red tailcap? Says Outdoorman I think.

I had one of those! And it would be my least loved light too. Might still have the pieces around somewhere in a box. :smiley:

Took me a while but i figured out why, the switch has a little nib that is supposed to contact the body but when you use this light it bends inward breaking contact.

The more you use and recharge this light the faster the threads wear out, its been relegated to nightlight use and i’m out of teflon tape till the next time i go to the hardware store

Congrats djozz on your 6000th post. I got to do a giveaway one of these days too, just got to get my lazy butt around to doing it.
Oh, by the way… :wink:

That TrustFire looks kinda throwy. Must have a hollow pill for you to dislike it.

This is my least loved light. I made the mistake of buying this POS before I bought my Hugsby XP-2.

The Trustfire X9 is well-build with a good pill and 48mm reflector. It throws very well and could make a fine mod-host. I dislike it because I believe a single 18650 single led thrower should be less bulky.

The 'Outdoorsman' is not so bad, but not so good either, I'd swap it for a Convoy M2 anytime. It has a very warm cosy XP-E with a weird pink hue, I believe it is not even fake :-)

Paypal sent

Copied the link and sent it to 12 people .

re-tweeted , posted a video on YouTube

and liked you on Facebook

I’m in! $2.54 1 mode zoomy. After having it several months the switch has become flaky. Needs a few clicks sometimes to come on.

Congratulations on reaching 6k!

Here’s least least favorite light I own. The nitefighter F30b. Horrible next mode driver and driver retainer glued in so tight it broke the tool I use to get them open.

SolarStorm SC01.

Congratulations on 6000 posts. Here’s mine, a no-name single AAA tail-twisty with a momentary tail button. I joined to research replacing all my flashlights (mostly incandescent) which I have done. This was the only LED and the only one still used to see to set the thermostat in a dark hallway.

Count me in

Just needed to remove the “IMG” parts… Here ya go

It has an XRE in there.

I guess this would technically by my less loved light although it has served its role admirably. I had never actually used it as a light but back in the day used it as a test bed for most of my finish experiments for light mods.

need to send something out to see how a light will take a beadblast finish? this guy is up to the task.

ditto on stonewashing, benchtop buffer polishing, a long dunk in degreaser to remove anodising, etc

I have a Jetbeam BR10, this is a love hate relationship. I like the feel of it in my hand, I dislike the mode selections and really hate that it does not have any kind of pocket clip.