Balder SE-1 or Xeno E03? (Both are within a couple bucks of each other and both are now Xml so- which to get?)

Thanks for some info, but Im strictly into Eneloops :D

Will check those lights out, but mostly Im in for most bang for the buck, after all this place IS called BLF for a reason :D!

AFAIK, JB BC10 doesn't lose "low" mode with 16340. Hope P1A will not lose it's low mode :O

Was going to buy that but they discounted the Jetbeam first.

In low mode it pulls 0.45 and high mode over 1.65amps.

Sorry, Matt, are you talking about BC10 or P1A?

i dunno bout the BC10. i was talking about BA10 (and P1A). jetbeam? who wants jetbeam? wrong forum!!

This is BFL!!!

From selfbuilts review. With 16340, low mode is almost as bright as Hi with CR123 :bigsmile:

Both the jetbeam BA10 and BC10 pull about 0.5amps on lowand 1.65amps on high with 14500 and rcr123 batteries.

I normally use them in low mode when using these batteries.

i thought that this is the Xeno and Balder thread?

i maybe dreamin' :love:

So low mode is available with 14500 in BA10? Yeeeaahhh :P Hope P1A has the same driver :)

Yup, sorry for offtopic messages :innocent:

alguien no pueda esperaaal :bigsmile:

tomemono :beer: haze falta bestanta :~

( how d'ya like my Spanish ggg. tryin to be funny ;) )

Jaja, me parece que soy demasiado viejo para tu spanglish :bigsmile: Pero se entiende bien, no problemo :cool:

Y sí, no puedol esperal mas :P Unas cañas? :beer:

engrish prease.

My UF-2100 is too heavy and too long for EDC so I'm looking for smaller 14500 alternatives.

Right now, I'm in the same dilemma and can't decide between the forward clicky and the cheaper price of the SE-1 or the better build quality and the smaller size of the E03.

Sometimes I let the looks make my final decision but I find both flashlights attractive!

Which one do you guys think will deal with the heat better on high?

I thinks they are both not that good on the heat issue as they are both small, my money does on the SE-1

i bought the xeno for my daughter in case she needed something on her walk home @ nite. her comment was "this cost how much"

i on the other hand thought it was a damn nice lite

You don't even need to consider heat with NI-MH or alkaline.

heat issues?

i've commented on it extensively in the Xeno thread.

btw, what are the runtimes on the Balder (with 14500's)? The Xeno has lousy runtimes with 14500's and the brightness regulation is not as perfect as a Quark's.

If 14500's runtimes are important to the buyer, Xeno shouldnt be 1st choice.

I think Xeno has quite good runtime with li-ion :) Haven't seen any Balder SE1 runtime, so...

Just the little bit bigger body size on the Balder BD-1P makes heat a non-issue. I let it run for a few minutes next to my SE-1 XM-L and you could barely feel it while the SE-1 was definitely hot. And then you also have the option to convert it to 2 x AA and the output on two eneloops gets pretty close to 1 x 14500. You can still easily tell the difference but it's a huge leap from 1 x AA.

I might be interested in selling mine if you think it'll work. Just PM me. I just haven't gotten around to rotating it in for EDC use so the only use out of it so far is from testing it for the review. Since then it's sat in a case. I really like it but now I'm getting antsy to try something else!