Bands no one knows... That rock

There are two groups in the music business: the musicians, and the “suits,” i.e., the business men and women who usually make more money than the musicians.

IMO, the HOF is more about the suits than the musicians, although there is a little of both. Admittedly, it is nice when one your forgotten favorites gets recognition from the HOF.

Next time you are in Cleveland, be sure to visit, and don’t forget to bring your wallet. At this writing, General Admission is only $30 (USD) (ha ha). And remember, (as far as I know), the profits from your purchases go to the suits who run the HOF, not the musicians.

Bobby Gene McNelly’s son Rob was in a really good Columbus based blues rock group in the early 90’s called Rob Wallet. After they broke up he moved to Nashvillle and has made a name for himself as a highly sought after session guitarist.

Great guitarist and a really good guy.

Zapp & Roger, Sun, Faze-O and Heatwave

oh
local band

glenn phillips

foxes and fogies

trailer park swingers

zydeco T

While I was in HS, The Gits were a local Yellow Springs band (Antioch College students), and I’d go see them whenever I could (mostly at parties). Mia Zapata, the lead singer just had ‘IT’, that charisma & presence that the greats have. She owned the stage whenever she was performing.

Not long after they moved to Seattle and became a part of the local scene there, I joined the Marines & ended up at Camp Pendleton and would see them whenever they played in Cali.

They were finally getting national attention & had signed with a major label when Mia was murdered on the way home from a show. Her legacy lived on as she was a major inspiration for many of the female punk bands that were emerging at that time, including 7 Year Bitch who named their second album in her honor.

I still miss her.

¡Viva Zapata!

Growing up in Georgia I was a fan of Mother’s Finest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAgqvNUXgow

I remember buying this album in about 1977:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pV97Te_PBI (Non-PC language warning)

And I just found out they’re still around. Gotta give some of their new stuff a listen.

Listen to them in collage

prolly shoulda studied

What a great thread! One of my favorites from way back .

Great song. I feel like it was featured in an 80’s movie…

Island Boys steel drum band.

band

I worked with the lead guitarist from Massive Wagons, who left the company recently to concentrate on the band. Great guy and just my style of music.

Eddie Van Halen’s son Wolfgang with his band Mammoth.

pg.Lost - great post-rock band from Sweden

Spoiwo - post-rock band from Poland

Amarok - another post-rock band from Poland

Blanco White - guitarist, charango player, and singer from UK

I didn’t think these guys were still around…
I once lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, in the late 90’s. Discovered this band that toured the Bay Area quite a lot. “”The String Cheese Incident”:The String Cheese Incident Silly name. But really nice sound & lyrics.

For my money, String Cheese Incident is one of the better live acts on the road today.

It's a jam band par excellence., with a little bluegrass thrown in for good measure.

Thanks for the links.

Have you ever been to one of their concerts? Judging from some videos I’ve seen now, they’ve made enormous leaps forward from the late 90’s (saw them twice back then, small venues). I don’t know how widely they tour, but will definitely try to catch them if they ever end up in my neck of the woods.

From my country, and my youth, although the singer is from canadian origin.

Chicken Shack — until a few years ago I had never heard of this band or Stan Webb — Christine Mcvee ( Fleetwood Mac )was the original keyboardist —- Makes me want to listen to some Humble Pie and make viscous circles of my youth — Not

httphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRMKTIXtFx4&ab_channel=godz60illa://youtube.com/watch?v=

Stumbled across the Unbelievable Kid this morning —- Unknown maybe, but not for long

No one knows this band. Literally.

Agreed :+1: . The band signed with a label and soon after the label pulled US marketing funds and promotion. I have found a lot of great tunes from the 50’s, 60’s , 70’s , 80’s & 90’s that did not get any attention.