Bands no one knows... That rock

Another forgotten 80’s band

And thanks to everyone contributing to this thread!!!

I saw SCI twice in the mid 2000s. They were excellent both times, but the second was the one that really clinched it for me. It was at the Berkeley Greek Theater with Railroad Earth as the opening act. SCI ripped up the place.

As with many jam bands, the vocals are not always great, but the instrumental improvisation is fantastic and danceable as all heck.

Incidentally, Railroad Earth is another group that should be on this list. Out of New Jersey, it’s a jam band that plays about 50% bluegrass, but with drums. The other 50% is a wonderful mix of jazz, rock, blues, and everything else. I’ve seen them a dozen times, including once where Phil Lesh sat in and played Terrapin Station. Another time, Donna Jean Godchaux joined them.

Check ’em out on archive.org:
Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

Tasty stuff.

I’ve known for ages that Christine McVie first came to prominence in Chicken Shack, but this is the first time I’ve heard them.

That’s my kind of music/

Now maybe if the kid can write songs like Neil Peart, Geddy Lee might be persuaded to come out of retirement. :wink: :laughing:

The Jesse Lees

It’s funny when I saw Rush open for Blue Oyster Cult in 1976 , I could of listed them here and no one would of heard of them. You know Neal Peart has to smile down on this Kid.

One from my youth, Dirty Tryx. British rock made in Bolton.

And a recent band I was introduced to via Massive Waggons, Bootyard Bandits

Lastly, not rock, not a band, but you might appreciate. My sons father-in-law, Martin Smith.

Cam Cole.

This bloke rocks the place. Does London and Brighton gigs, we saw him in his first tour at a pub in Glastonbury last year. First ‘noticed’ in Ted Lasso, he’s getting some attention. Here’s an early version of Mama.

Maktub

Since it was not said the band had to be modern,

From 1979:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUgTW790X8Q

Nor even from the west:

Just remembered these dewds from my U68 daze…

I should goggle ’em, see if they have any other albums or if they were “one-hit wonders” of a sort.

Funny, ’cause a few weeks ago this song just sprang to mind, and I forgot to goggle ’em by the time I got home.

Bands…I thought I saw Brands that no one knows. :person_facepalming: