Banggood Interesting New Products

Interested to know bin etc as well.

Would the XHP be cooler when driven with 12v and 3 amps, compared to 6v and 6 amps?

No, it is the same watts every single die will receive. So the whole LED consumes the same amount of watts.

Halving the amps will relieve strain on springs, switches etc. though..

Does wattage always relate to heat? Especially in this case?

Just asking.

Yes Watts are a measure of electric energy. All the energy lost due to inefficiency is transformed into heat. Can be a little different depending of the setup.

I was actually surprised at the heat the XHP50 generates. I was running it 6v at 4amps, in an F13 head on a DST body. I know 24watts is a lot of energy, but I was still shocked. I ran it for about 2 minutes on high, and the body tube was very warm, but I actually burned myself when I touched the head. It left a mark in less than a second.

So now i’m trying to figure out a way to improve heat transfer between the head and the body.

I would rethink that, it is a good thing that the heat does not reach the batteries very well.

Well the batteries are in a plastic sleeve to fit the tube, so they would always be somewhat isolated. But if you think it’s ok to keep most of the heat in the head, you may have saved me a decent chunk of time 8)

This is a cool thread. Has anyone tried these stones yet (from Post 39 by Chloe)? I'm interested in the 3 highest grits for knife sharpening finish. Seems like a good price. Anyone aware of a better deal for something similar?

Pretty cheap green carbon oil stones 60-1200 grit, 2.60 USD each.

I got the 1000 grade and it puts an extra edge on quality garden shears compared to a V shaped stone sharpening tool.The full on blade guys will know about better deals or , if you “need” 3000 , 5000 or 10000 grade stones with exotic Japanese names :stuck_out_tongue:

^ Thanks Billy X. Was worried these would just crumble apart when used. Based on what you said, they sound like they pretty descent.

EDIT: Ordered one of each of the 3 highest grids. Gave me the 3 unit discount of $2.35 each.

What happend to Chloe?
4 weeks absent and counting! :frowning:

Didn't you know? Wight and Chloe are getting married. Boaz is their best man, and (s)he is now looking for a dress!

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/72679

I heard foy and comfy are the godparents

I wonder who else got invited! Many members seem to have disappeared.. maybe the aliens are taking over this place.

Worrying…

DQG CREE XP-G2 AA/14500

DQG CREE XM-L2 18650

Cool lights! And available in NW too! Any chance of coupon codes on those?

PM @Banggood direct. Tell him that you are interested in getting the new lights. I am sure he is able provide you something .