Banned again?

Dexter, the show about a serial killer? Has bad language? The US exports a lot of bad language through its movies and TV, but that isn't how most people talk, any more than most aussies talk about shrimp on barbies. It's all marketing. People know when to turn the bad language on or off for the most part. Some people can't seem to control it, but those aren't people anyone needs to listen to. I can tell you in my work it is completely inappropriate to use foul language, pretty much ever. It just isn't professional or respectful of others. And the bottom line is that it simply isn't necessary for good communication.

On this board, not run by a (north) american, foul language is against the rules. You want a foul language flashlight board? You're welcome to start your own.

Dexter is on a premium pay network called Showtime in the US, which is the sister network of Showcase in Australia. Premium networks often feature more "mature" content and pretty much nothing is censored. The access and reach of premium networks is a fraction of the available-for-free networks CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox. The standards on the free networks are more restrictive.

having a bad day are we got your nickers in a not, lighten up buddy its all good Tongue Out

i dont watch bugger all t.v dexter is not a bad show so guys at work where talking about it ages ago, i down loaded 5 seasons off iso hunt. I like it its a real comedy we find it funny over here, im sure it was not ment as a serious t.v show and it is classed as a comedy ?

i think it's classified as a drama but it certainly has some dark comedy in it.

have you watched Breaking Bad? if not, i highly recommend it. it is hilarious.

i have not heard of Breaking Bad but ill give it a go thanks robo

I just started on Breaking Bad. I have the first season and have only watched the pilot so far.

breaking bad isa good show. i missed a lot, and have only seen like 4 or 5 episodes so far... im slacking

im down loading it as i type

Breaking Bad, Dexter, True Blood. I love showcase.

I hardly ever watch TV if occasional news and a document every now and then is not taken to count...

Considering what happened in Croatia a few years ago, and its more than less willingness

to send its war criminals to the International Court in Holland im surprised of your statement.

Dont throw stones if you live in a glasshouse!

What’s your thoughts so far ?

Is it just me, or does gorann's point-counterpoint methodology seem a bit of a stretch?

The anti-american rhetoric is wearing a bit thin.

Do you have ANY idea how this makes you appear, gorann? Seriously?

I liked it. They were setting up a lot of stuff, so it was kind of depressing seeing how awful the guy's situation was before he started producing meth. Seems to get a lot of critical raves (plus Emmys), so I think it will be pretty good. I'm about caught up with Mad Men, which I liked too.

Sounds like it should be good thanks for the feed back

F-word? what F-word? Is it the word "fuck" you are referring to? And no, the word "fuck" in quotation marks is not vulgar nor foul language.

As for foul language, there are a lot of worse things going on that no one cares about so why bother? Personally I do not care, but it is against the rules of this forum so try to I keep it clean.

I mean, we can't have this topic derailed into a network discussion, can we? ; )

Ummm mahhhh

I concur

+1