Bare BLF A6 Interest List (coupon now public)

Here are the two types of springs. Left is the new one, which feels soft and spongy. Right is the original one, which is pretty stiff.

The longer, softer, higher-resistance springs seem to reduce lumen output on turbo.

Exactly what we don’t want.

Thanks for posting the picture of what the old and new springs look like!

Makes you wonder about the folks in charge of the manufacturing process. :~

The spring that appears squashed has been overloaded with heat or a short compromised it. This is the reason for doing a spring bypass, the springs can’t normally handle the FET current ability. A wire bypass works such that the wire carries much more current, less resistance in the copper wire than the steel spring, so the current goes through the wire and the spring just keeps the cell in contact like it’s supposed to.

You might have run all the same cells in the light, but that one that is squashed might have run on Turbo longer than the others and sagged under the heavy load.

Just received the shipment notification on my order of bare BLF A6 from Banggood.

Sorry if this has been asked many times before, but anybody can point me to the post/procedures for the “spring bypass”?
Thanks

Thanks for the link.
Cheers,

Hi ToyKeeper,

Interested in this un anodized version. Could I please get a code?
Thanks

May I ask for the code? Thanks :slight_smile:

ToyKeeper,

Received my 1st Bare BLF A6 recently and quite smitten with it. Thanks for your hard work in organising this Special Edition.

Box stated 5A on Label, but definitely 3D LED (compared it with 3D & 5A A6 BLF anodised versions).

BangGood emailed via special address given on this site (Neil’s assistant?), but seemed clue less.

Awaiting a reply (or not), as not a complaint, just a Head’s Up, and I’ve ordered 2 more 5A’s to compensate.

(Hope they don’t also have 3D’s inside, LOL)

Splott-Light :open_mouth:

I received a 5A in a 3D-labeled box even though I ordered 3D. They definitely mixed up tints.

Bugsy,
Sorry to hear you had a similar problem, but at least now I know it’s not just me “Losing It” LOL
S-L :weary:

It’s really annoying that they mixed up your tints. I wonder how that happens, how they get the wrong label on the box. :frowning:

I’m glad I got the 3D I ordered, and that it came with no AR coating. It’s a nice light, and I even use the clip. I don’t even need to mod it to make it worthwhile.

One person reflowing a sheet of mcpcb’s and forgetting which tint they are or dumping them in the wrong bin or the next person soldering a bunch of 5A’s grabbed from the 3D bin. Easier to imagine screw ups than getting it right every time. 2 % error on 500 is 10 oopses of each kind.

Great looking unit , can I have a code please

Looks good can I have the code

We all like bare alu lights here, so i thought some might be interested in the possible bare Olight i3E version, it seems to have a bare version at least but i don’t know if anyone has actually seen one yet.

Looks nice, but it’s only one mode at “up to 100 lumens”. I’d rather have 0.3 lm, 8 lm, and 40 lm.

Maybe you can fit Richards single sided 10mm fet driver in it :wink:

I have also no interest in it as a stock light only as a very tiny alu 10440 host, as far as i know this is the smallest aluminium AAA light out there.

If anyone know a smaller one please tell me :slight_smile:

Ordered 10/5. Out of stock till 10/19. Bangood shipped 10/20. Now I just hope I get 3D tint as requested.