Bare BLF A6 Interest List (coupon now public)

Does anyone have a crystal ball?

Ah, so I might have better luck in Vegas? :frowning:

I was hoping Manker could commit to eliminating the “anomalous features” found in many A6s earlier, but alas…I really, really like bare metal, and especially all the custom work put into this by BLF folks. I guess I’ll take my chance that I can get one later…if the problems are proven fixed when delivered.

Then perhaps you should never buy anything online from anywhere, as there is always a risk (even from Amazon).

But there also is a risk even if you buy from a physical shop that's down the street.

In my experience Neal/Banggood have till now always rectified any issues.

Best Regards,

George

Edit:

These lights are Worth the manageable risk.

About how the bare aluminum model will be… I’m just as much in the dark as you are. Nobody has actually tried one yet. I’ll probably find out about the same time you do.

The top issue should be fixed, at least, since there is no anodizing to interfere with tailcap contact.

About whether any more 3D can sign up, I’m not totally sure about that either. Last I heard, it was going to be 50 3D, 25 1A, 25 5A. Not sure if that will get re-balanced based on demand. But I can send the coupon code to people anyway if you want to take your chances. From the beginning, this list was explicitly unordered so it’s a matter of who buys the items first.

The item listing says nothing will be in stock until Oct 2, so everything until then is pre-orders.

Please do not patronize me.

Manker has demonstrated a woefully inadequate level of quality control/quality assurance, and there is no rhetoric you or anyone else can offer to wish that away. I’m willing to offer a second chance, and that is why I’m asking about this offering, instead of writing them off completely.

How silly to claim that. I can see and touch a product in a physical shop. BLF folks placed their almost-blind trust in Manker, and they failed.

Not what we’re hearing from lots of posters in the main A6 thread…

Some issues, yes.

That’s yet to be seen.

Thank you for your response! And thank you for your work on making this reality, even if execution of everyone’s expertise was not, shall we say, professional.

Your aggressive responses to my comments and my opinions that ARE based on my experience, are Not warranted &/or reasonable.

You talked down to me as though I were a child and now you play the victim? You fail to offer respect, yet demand it.

Remember this?: “Then perhaps you should never buy anything online from anywhere, as there is always a risk (even from Amazon).”

Obviously what is warranted and reasonable is a matter of opinion. Nor will I simply callously dismiss the various negative experiences posted by others in the A6 thread.

Carl may have been talking about aliens, but he had the right idea. The same applies to any new product which hasn’t been reviewed yet, including this one. There’s really not much point arguing about it until the evidence is in.

What we do know is:

• It will be like the BLF A6, but without anodizing.
  • At least one of the A6 QC issues is irrelevant for this version.
  • Manker and Banggood have had time to discuss the issues and work on solutions.
  • Many people are very happy with their regular A6 lights.

So, it should be at least as good if not better.

However, that said, keep in mind that this is budget light forum, where people get excited about things like the SK-68 and Jacob A60. Both are cheaply made but perform well. Budget Chinese manufacturing has tradeoffs, and variable quality goes hand-in-hand with the low prices. To get more consistent quality and 100% satisfaction guarantees, I’d suggest looking instead at premium brands sold for high prices by high-end retailers. The closest item available is a very similar light (SL2) custom-made by Vinh for $143. That’s as much as four BLF A6es plus four premium batteries and a charger.

The SK-68 is an awesome little light, as is the KD Buckle. Both less than $5.00, with excellent workmanship. :slight_smile:

I would like 4 x 3D, if possible.

If I could get a 3D un-anodized it would be nice but I don’t see any of the late posters on the list. Resistance has proven futile but maybe procrastination will win the day.

I’ll take 1x 5A.

And I don’t worry at all about possible issues.
Issues are a vital part of this hobby. Budget flashlight pioneering.

Thanks, ToyKeeper, for your work in this - especially for the source code and the screwdriver.
HQ

One 5a for me please.

If there are coupon codes still available, I’d be interested in 2x3D.
It’s nice to see a change from black anodized !

Thanks for all of the work that’s gone into the GBs.

peterxyz

I’m in for 1 × 3D.

Just got shipping conformation for the 3D and 5A ordered on the 17th, have'nt ordered the 1A yet.

Me too (5A and 3D). Excited!

I’m in for 2 × 3D.

my bare 3D is reported shipped too