Batteries for DRY triple xml. What should we buy?

I'm using AW 2900 mAh batteries in mine, no problems (plastic battery carrier). They come off the charger with identical voltages +/- 0.01 V, and same thing when I take them out of the Dry for recharging: +/- 0.01 V. I bought a pair of Xtar 2600s for use in another light, and those are more like +/- 0.04, but maybe I just got one bum battery.

Has anyone mentioned chargers? You may want a 3+ bay charger. I'm using an Xtar WP6 II six-bay charger, and it's working swell for me. I use bays 1, 3, and 5 for 18650s, bay 2 for 14500s, and bays 4 and 6 for 16340s. I leave the appropriate spacers on all the time (had to buy 5 extra spacers when I bought the charger, which comes with 5 spacers).

It's $2.85 for First Class USPS and they'll obviously get to you a lot quicker than coming from HK ;)

Ok so Im going to ask straight up. I have the Xtar WPII charger. I can only charge 2 batteries at a time. Will this not work safely for this 3 battery setup?

It is be safe as long as you use protected cells (the light would cut off if any of the cells discharges and hit bottom first, confirmed with my experience). A DMM to measure voltage is to be doubly sure and is recommended as well as part of a best practice regime.

Nope, wasn't going to cancel my order. Just wondering if my protected batteries will fit and to expect any issues before they arrive. Thanks for the info & the clarification. Much appreciated.

My Hi-Max batts measure 68.64mm and only have 1 Callie's batt so won't be using that anyways.

Good to know that the carrier can be moddEd or loosenedwith a few screws.

I stocked up on quite a few unprotected batteries before X-mas that i found locally for a good price. I think i should be fine using them if i use care right? This would be my first multi batt torch. Really looking forward to getting one...

You can use unprotected cells with the DRY, esp the Panasonics....provided that you have a DMM and remember not to leave them for too long on the charger after it turns green. My hobby charger terminates perfectly with the Sanyos/Panasonics that i have. If i have the money, i could even do a youtube vid and prove once again that you can short them fully charged with 14 AWGs and not have them explode. They are not Ultrafires. :) To be doubly sure, just don't use them on medium for 6 hours and unattended in a room with highly flammable materials.

The seller can't tell the facts and recommendations? Huh?

Even with the springs cut off it won't fit, my xtar's are a lil bit longer than the maximum available space.

ok. Can someone sum up what has been discussed here. I want protected 18650 batteries that will fit the dry's new metal carrier. The Callies at $16 a piece plus $6 shipping are a bit pricey for my needs/funds.

My aw's 2900 have worked perfectly for me so far. Been using them for about 2 months.

I have been so frustrated with the Trustfire 2400s I keep getting, and even a little with the UF red and black labeled ones. On the former, at least one per pack is dead or won't hold charge. With the latter, they don't seem to want to top off to full on the charger. I, too, would love to see an affordable quality battery that I can sell to others (everyone I know won't quit buying stuff from me once I get it and they see how awesome it is).

I can only speak to my own experience, but I have used the following cells in the new carrier :

Callie's 3100 protected (very tight fit)

AW 3100 protected (snug but fine)

AW 2900 protected (great fit)

AW IMR 2200 (great fit)

On the budget end, what do you think about Solarforce 2400 V2 for this light? They seem to perform similar to the XTAR 2600's (slightly less) but are shorter in length.

I have a set, and the wrappers are too brittle to recommend.

The cells themselves are of very good quality, but plan on a re-wrap.

Oh I have some and I concur about the brittle wrap, but also that the quality of the cell is good. So you think the cell itself is capable of powering this light well enough? The operator using these cells with this light (I can use different cells with mine) won't be needing to charge too often so there'll be minimal handling of the cells. He'd use it daily but for brief periods.

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting in on this DRY group buy and I have a lot of Trustfire Flames protected batteries laying around. Will these fit in the new metal carrier? Also, will these batteries work alright with this light?

mikey, 2400mah flames are 68mm and they just fit according to this thread..I just bought 8 sets of the new flames (3000mah) ones and am going to use them in the Dry and my sunwayman v60c (they are the same size as the 2400mah flames)..they are great value for the price..

2100 so are you saying you can dead short a sanyo 2600mah and it wont fire or explode? I've seen the youtube videos of panasonic cells being shorted and was impressed by their safety. PTC cuts the power i believe. The sanyo is a very good cell it holds the voltage very well under load..

I've got Reverend Jim's unprotected Panasonic's I'm going to use with mine. That should be fine, right?

For anybody considering the Tenergy PROTECTED cells from ebay seller marrsinc, here's a response from them sent to me today:

Sold out of the protected at this time. Do have several pallets we have not gone through yet. Will start that next week. We do not have an inventory, but had this battery on several different occasions from this lot. They were one of the best sellers, so must be pretty good. Check our auction in about a week.