Battery Restriction Again? - [14 Apr 2015]

Have received batteries from BG!
2 separate ordre/packages.
Ordered: 06/18/2014
Delivered in Norway: 07/11/2014
The batteries were packages of bubble wrap and tape.
thanks

Order placed on May 28th. Still no package :frowning:

23-Jun-2014 1536 Item sent to VANCOUVER PACIFIC PROCESSING CENTRE MPC PMIH (KLIA)
17-Jun-2014 1507 Item posted over the counter MPC PMIH (KLIA)
05-Jun-2014 1540 Dispatch Pre-Alert 05/06/2014 In Transit

I forgot to file PP dispute, so now just have to hope FT does the right thing. Reports are that shipping may take 2-3 months.

What’s really unfortunate is that FT canceled the batteries from my order, yet still shipped them surface (by ship) instead of air.

sirpaul, unless your tracking says it’s being returned then it will eventually reach you. To put things into perspective, here’s what my tracking looks like;

2014-07-05 00:18, Item sent to AUSTRALIA, MPC PMIH (KLIA)
2014-06-09 15:03, Item posted over the counter, MPC PMIH (KLIA)
2014-05-28 14:10, Dispatch Pre-Alert 28/05/2014, In Transit

As you can see your package posted over the counter after mine however it left malaysia post before mine did. There’s just too many variations to trust any of these “reports”.

Regarding the shipping by surface mail, how do you know for sure it’s being shipped via surface? Sure it would explain why hardly anyone has received their fasttech orders via malaysia post. If you look at my tracking, there’s almost a months time gap between posted and sent. Judging from other people’s tracking info it looks like mine was rejected sometime in between and then forwarded via sea mail but no racking updates were given. Your tracking on the other hand was quite quick to be sent so it might’ve “slipped” past customs and went via airmail.

Finally! Both my FT battery orders have updated to
Jun batch : 2014-07-13 16:06, Item sent to MYCOUNTRY, MPC PMIH (KLIA) and
May batch: 2014-07-15 01:35, Item sent to MYCOUNTRY SURFACE, MPC PMIH (KLIA)

I think they should arrive this or next week. :slight_smile:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but by the looks of things everyone is having battery orders shipped via surface mail, and it seems you’re not an exception. I’d be surprised if you received it in a weeks time, but I will be reassured because I am yet to see a report of a malaysia post package with cells arriving.

I’m glad I made an order at banggood, because they switched to china post and that one arrived within a months time.

Perhaps I am too optimistic but it is OK. At least the batteries are moving closer right? My 3rd batch from BG and 4th batch from DX. I enough by the end of the month.

Also the my six Sanyo 2600 mAh arrived; shipped from China (DX) on 05/04 (MDY) through Malaysia, and then to Moscow to reach Italy.
Finally in Rome on 07/15.
72 days.

Normal package, in their boxes (two every box in plastic) and then entered in the package usually.
Voltage detected all: 3.78 volts

For USA buyers check out Illumination Supply and Mountain Electronics for batteries. Both have prices that are competitive for high grade brands of Lithium Ion batteries and they are USA sources so things will arrive a lot faster than from a Chinese vendor. I know that Richard at Mountain Electronics uses air freight (UPS or FEDEX) to import his batteries and they are declared hazardous material which means he has to pay a premium to ship them, but they get here dependably.

I have bought very many batteries from this seller on ebay: r-lsales. His prices are reasonable, he ships fast, and the products are legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371098396617
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231183504497

Thanks to freeme for keeping us up to date!

US only

My batteries from FT, order on 24-Jun, arrived today 16-Jul using Malaysia Post.

Panasonic NCR18650PF, 3.630 - 3.632 volt
Samsung INR18650-25R, 1 pair, both 3.647 volt.

PHLPost batteries seem to be moving finally (after 45+ days) and they might have arrived in Europe, in Greece actually. Why there? Who knows. Just that they get transported to the right destination, which isn't too far away.

So generally now you can order from FT, but the wait will be at least 30+ days?

I’ve got a US-bound order, anybody else? Mine still says it’s been sent to Jersey City. I am guessing this means they officially pushed the boat off the dock, and the rowers are rowing, with no idea of where they’re going, my tracking status seems to be slowing, Fasttech says that they aren’t knowing when the package will be showing…

Still, I am optimistic. I won’t get it when I thought I would, but according to pos malaysia, typically it should get here in ~8 months.

Latest update on my BG order:
Neil refunded me fully for my battery order. Fine by me as I have already sourced some batteries locally (4x purple Samsung ICR18650 2800mAh@$4/pc).

My FT battery order, is still floating somewhere in the West Philippine Sea… :~

That is fast! You are very lucky.

Batteries arrived at customs today, so I might be the first one officially to receive batteries via PHLPost

But I think that even that isn't gonna work anymore - from some info over at FT - cylindrical batteries are prohibited by PHLPost airmail

I suspect that it is going to reach the point where international postal air shipment of Lithium ion batteries to individuals is going to become almost impossible. RMM has already told me that he ships in quantity by UPS or Fedex overseas air freight to get the batteries he offers from overseas. Not practical for an individual however. Any freight forwarding companies in China which could do air freight shipment of multiple orders to a country and then put the individual orders into the local postal system?

After some 50 days (most of those spent on Philippines), batteries have arrived.