Battery Storage

Well if you have a bait and tackle shop around you just get an adjustable fishing lure box.....thats what i use. I think i paid around 2bones for mine.

Nearest such shop for me is in another town. There used to be one a couple of miles away but I reckon he's retired now - shop last appeared open a couple of years ago. And I live in the nearest city to the most expensive fishing waters anywhere. It will cost you over $8,000 a week to go fishing in the good salmon rivers round here. And you only get 30lbs of salmon to take home.

Now that sucks......Cry

Now that sucks! In Alaska all you needed is a $20 fishing license and you can fish all day and night and keep between 3 and 6 salmon per day. I used to take 2 week vacations and have to come back home every 3-4 days just to put my fish in a freezer so I can go out and catch more. Man, I really miss fishing in Alaska! My biggest king salmon was 65# and my biggest halibut was 173#. Those were the days............

Quick question. The one thing I learned about keeping batteries in any piece of electronics for an extended period of time is leaking.

Hypothetically, could you safely store batteries for long periods of time in a flashlight by covering each terminal of both batteries, say with a rubber band? That way there is no metal to metal contact, essentially batteries that are just sitting there albeit inside a flashlight tube.

No, they may still leak.

Are at the same risk of leaking as if they were sitting stacked up with other batteries in a storage box?

I purchased this 8AA case off of Amazon. The quality is awesome.

Those will make good travel cases. Can you please post a side shot of the case.

Back and side shot with a XENO E03 for size comparison.

The little feet on the bottom work really well to keep it from slipping...if you have issues with that.

Wow, the case is not big at all......would def make a good back up case when going out on long trips. Love the light as well.

Oh yeah, that's why I bought it. Fits in the smallest pocket on my camping backpack and the XENO puts out enough light on medium for night hikes.

I just keep them in their factory package. Cut a slit in the package and remove what i need. I have a database that tells me which room, storage bin # and date of purchase. Of course I use the older batteries first.