Beam Shots are up - Modifying a 109 LED flashlight to an 18 XP-G2 FETlight

maybe… going MORE “nuts” and doubling down on it would help… i was thinking because of the many, many powerful emitters? it would benefit from a 4x26650, a-la, home made SRK style?

i am thinking “bigger soda can light” since that many big emitters is already a slap in the face to the SRK manufacturers, lol…

good luck with the operations and recovery!

Nice build O-L. Eventually, a cell will come out that can do this light justice. Until then, it’s still a very sweet light.

Best wishes on the operations and rapid recovery. Even if you don’t mod for a bit, please visit when you can. This place isn’t the same without you.

Pretty cool light. I guess on a single cell this one really calls for some kind of clever boost driver to maintain output, rather than full bore direct drive. But very interesting and the beam shots look good for it. :slight_smile:

Well I still think it’s an awesome mod. It really got me pondering some things. Thanks for the inspiration OL and I wish you the best.

Looks plenty bright to me! Best of luck with the saw bones.

best of luck to you, old lumens… your like royalty around here, you know…

i hope the doctors complete your “warranty work” okay, we cant GET another “old lumens”, they dont make that model anymore!

Best wishes on the operations and recovery, your definately an inspiration bud.

Though the ‘numbers’ may not be what you were looking for, the beamshots look nice for a general-purpose light so it’s a win anyway. You certainly have a different approach to lights which always ends up being interesting! Best wishes on the health issues,

Phil

Cool mod! Looks bright for sure.

Can you fit 2x 18650’s in there? Couple of 30Q’s might do it justice. What about adapting a Courui D01 body on that head for 3x 30Q’s in parallel?!