BEAM SHOTS ARE UP- Oh Nooooo Not the King, don't ruin the King..... Well it's the FF Clone King, so why not mod it?

Just “WOW” on the beam shots! Those TIR’s work great for a mega-flooder. Actually far better than I had expected. Now I cant wait to get mine! Thanks for posting Old. You must be very pleased with your results
 all that with no lithium.

I want this one. Oh yes wall of light!

I don't like kings at all, especially the gold one, but I do like that wall of light!!!! Great mod, and true to the NiMh-spirit.

Man, that is awesome. Talk about turning night into day. You the man.

Wow, I thought you said it wasn’t going to be brighter than a stock King? I think this one is
LOL. Wonderful job!

When I first tested this, the batteries were not fully charged. I did not realize how low they were and I thought it wasn't very bright.

The day before the photos I charged the batteries. It took three cycles with my charger. It's just a universal charger and it's timed plus delta, so it was shutting off on time before the batteries were charged. On the third cycle, it shut off after about 15 minutes, so it kicked off on voltage cut off, so I knew they were fully charged. What a difference!

+1

That wall of light is just plain AWESOME !

Off topic but related, can you please give me some hint on how to enhance an Apex 5T6 ?

I really do hate the low PWM on its Low & Mid mode :weary:

Great build!

Have you measured amps on the tail?

I don’t have the stuff to measure amps and I don’t think it could be done at the tail, as the positive and negative are both at the top.

WhataBEAST!

Thanks OL for another terrific build complete with you own novel way of getting around problems as they arise. This may well be the King of flood. Cheers.

I went with a mega linear driver on mine (YinHex clone); 36x7135 chips for 12.6A into 5xT6. This gives me close to 2700 lumens OTF. It’s all controlled by a NANJG 105C so no PWM. I would use the term ‘low’ loosely; it’s around 150 lumens. :wink: FlashPilot has a similar light with 6xT6 and is going with TIRs as well. I’m going to consider that, pending his results.
I am planning a mod post for the light, soon. I posted some comparison beamshots in my UF-T90 mod thread.

We need pictures of a 36 x 7125 driver. I cant make a 9 x 7135 driver from a 8 x 7135 driver.

I’ll try to get the post up tonight. My shots do not have the final count, Missing eight chips. I had to use some rather large wire to pipe the current around
 plus I might add four more chips; 2.8A per LED. J)
Tonight
 fingers crossed. :wink:

Its 12.47 her so way past my bed time. I may have to see your pics when I get up for work in a few hours. 36 - 8 = 28. If you post a picture of 28 I will have no option to believe there is another layer. I'm impressed.

+1

:weary:

Relic has far to many concurrent project going on and doesnt sleep at night
 I like it! :smiley:

I tore it down again to add more wire where I think it is needed. I’m adding four or five more 380mA 7135 chips to. 40 chip NANJG anyone? J)

Sheesh! I hope the master will handle all of that, but you should be the one to know.

Well, I hope it can handle it, because I did it :wink:
Mod post is up, check it out here
Enjoy! Now O-L’s thread can return to its regularly scheduled programming :slight_smile: