Beamshot SHOOT OUT 2018! - My best throwers & flooders

Ok, last night we did a shoot out of the lights i brought with me on my east coast trip, I brought them all to a remote lake dam location to run some beam shots of my best throwers i had wigh me, ( i forgot to bring my Tom-E BTU super Shocker & modded Super DST.) Also i did a all lights on at the same time shot!

All camera settings were kept the same for each round of shots, (and the all-lights-on was the same settings as the flooder shoot out. ( Nikon D5100, with remote control.

First below are the round-1 of the Throwers, with location distance Google Earth photo for distance of 400 meters to an island across a bay.

Below are the shots with a BLF GT, Fenix TK75VN-V2, Olight M3XS-UT, 200MW modified laser, with the OL Monster light & Imalent DX80 added to see how mega-flooders do in the same shot.

- Fro round 2, at 580 meters.

Next up, is a list of lights for the flooder showdown. (names of the lights are in the collage photo below, photo done below the huge Dam, across to roughly 158 meters to the embankment on the other side of the dam from the location of the lights staging:

Last up, is when i lined up ALL the lights across the tailgate of my truck, aimed them all at the same point, and had help from a friend to switch them all on at the same time on their turbo/maximum modes! ( was referenced in a past topic i posted here: >> 1.21 gigalumens, the real attempt.. I also added some smaller lights that we had that were not in the beam shots, listed below:

- BLF GT

- Imalent DX80

- BLF Q8

- OldLumens custom Monster triple MT-G2

- Direct-Drive modded Skyray Super-Kung

- modded Fenix (2nd-edition) TK75vn

- Olight M3XS-UT javelot

- modded Shadow JM35 MT-G2

- Modded Smallsun T08 XHP-70.2

- Modded Ultrafire M51 MT-G2

- 6-219B 12-amp modded SRK

- modded Thorfire XP-L HI C8

- modded Klarus G20 MT-G2

- Surefire G2

- Solarforce L2

- modded DST

- Haikelite MT01

- BLF A6

- Lumintop SD10

• modded ultrafire PD32

(missing from the line up are the BTU SuperShocker, SuperDST, and other big lights in my collection)

and here it happens…

-And comparing ALL the lights on blast, to the DX80 by itself is just OMG… ( it was almost painful on the eyes they we needed sunglasses at night…

Fantastic stuff, thanks for that !

But what happened to our all time fave the L6…should be a rule around here that all comparisons must feature an L6 !

which L6?

Very nicely done. I wish I have motivation like you. i only shoot out from balcony or front door nowadays.
And I think beamshots of Imalent DX80 are overexposed. :sunglasses:

Convoy L6

at 32000 lumens they definitely are for the shutter & iris settings i used for the other lights. :stuck_out_tongue: ( kept the camera settings the same for each round to show how the camera seen each flashlight’s beam.

ah ok i don’t have one of those sadly.

Sure. I was kidding with you. DX80 will be the one causing trouble in photo taking because it can be 30x brighter than other lights.

nicely done and thanks for this!

Good thing that tailgate array was pointed away from the gasoline can right behind it.

:laughing: :open_mouth:

Nice shots and really cool locations.

I think that the Fenix captured the best “light worms” caused by insects flying past the light captured in slow shutter speed.

The flies began to get thicker as the lights got brighter :smiley:

Very useful comparison. Thanks for sharing! The DX80 seems very impressive in this one.

it is a very powerful light, by far the most powerful flooder i have, ( an ever had)

Awesome pics DBSAR love em!

My mind was sort of made up but I literally just finished checking out and placed the order for the DX80 after seeing these pics!

Thanks - I really can’t wait to play with this thing and blind everyone I know… wait did that just get typed…

Yo DBSAR, what settings on camera do you use exactly ? And what lens on d5100?

its a light that demands respect, (it can set paper on fire in front of the lens, and can really cause eye pain, gets really, really hot very fast on maximum mode, ( i don’t recommend running it at the 32000 mode for more than 30 seconds at a time. it drives the eight XHP-70.2 LEDs pretty much at their limits.

Nikon D5100, with Nikkor 18-55mm lens.

I assumed that is kit lens. But what settings on pics ? Iso, shutter speed, aperture ? A pics looks a bit grainy, do you use high iso, or compress them before upload ?