Becoming an addiction already.....

The td01c is nice! I’m reviewing it and so far it’s good. Haven’t dug into the runtimes yet or output, but overall the UI is sound, handling is good, and the throw is good. It comes with a regulated driver also, so you lose some output up front, but sustain it longer over time over a fet driver. Alo that for about$40 with battery. The next competition for it is the Acebeam L19 V2 at $100.

1 Thank

Oh Jessica

3 Thanks

Their XHP70 lights all have boost drivers (no way to power a 6V LED otherwise…), so SP33S and SC33, not sure if there are others

2 Thanks

Looks like a sweet light, and another incredible value. I could definitely get carried away with taking advantage of SuperDeals! 40+ lights…whoa. Would love to see a breakdown of the different manufacturers, not necessarily the individual models.

So which user in the forum has the most lights, and is there a photo to document?

Wurkkos TS11 in the orange anodised finish is a tiny thing of beauty, and becomes a proper user with the 18650 tube extender.

Pic taken out of the front door.

1 Thank

see for yourself:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/the-big-flashlight-collection-thread-list-your-flashlight-collection-here/9150/

2 Thanks

Nice. Those all look very well made. The cooling fins on the DT8K are pretty serious!

I read some things about Convoy…the switches can be glitchy? Guessing any budget light has that potential, but there seemed to be more of a slight predisposition with Convoy. But that otherwise they were rock solid. Beyond that perceptual snapshot, tough to get a sense of the numbers, rate of issues, etc…is there a database of documentable failures for manufacturers?

I’m not naming any names but I’ve seen a 150+ light collection.

I own more Convoy than anything else.
I haven’t heard this. Do you know which model(s)?

1 Thank

Holy crap, Southland! I didn’t look much beyond that…because :exploding_head:. Which is appropriate because I will be dead and gone before I could ever amass such a collection. How many of these people have always been single…or are now divorced!? :money_mouth_face: I know this is a budget forum, but still!

I don’t recall. It’s something where you don’t know if someone abused the light…or constantly used it for a long period of time and it finally just wore out?

It just stood out to me, just because the only other issue with a switch I remember reading about was the sloppy feel of one of the Wurkkos…maybe the TD04? Just one of those things you read in passing, and it files away as a potential deal breaker if all other things are equal. Yet, again…hardly a consensus. If enough users of Convoy came out and said that was not their experience (which I’m guessing is most or they would not keep buying them!), I would certainly not discount Convoy accordingly.

Plus, my guess is that Simon would make things right.

1 Thank

over 600 meters throw from that small of a light. Insane.

Simon is awesome and will definitely make things right!

I’ve probably had 40-50 Convoy lights pass through my hands in the past several years and I’ve only had trouble with a couple of them.
Simon always made it right.

2 Thanks

Does the TS11 use the same TIR Optic as the IF22A?
I gotta admit it looks great in Orange!

Anduril is a huge plus too!

Edit: According to this review it uses the same optic. I’ll be keeping my eye on this one.

I’ve had more convoy lights than I care to admit and out of them I’ve only had one problem. The light was out of warranty and Simon sent me a new driver for free with my next order. I contacted him wanting to order it and wasn’t trying to get a freebie. He is a standup guy and made a lifetime customer out of me.

Every few months I stray away and try something new but always come crawling back to a s2+ for my EDC.

2 Thanks

A few years ago there was a picture of a truly vast collection, all laid out on the owners bed.

And yes, it was a single bed :joy:

4 Thanks

[quote=“RichH, post:27, topic:222148, full:true, username:RichH”]
A few years ago there was a picture of a truly vast collection, all laid out on the owners bed.

And yes, it was a single bed :joy:
[/quote] :laughing:

So…they were all Vastfire? :grin:

Just ordered my third from Hank this evening. :blush:

1 Thank

My first of two IF22A showed up today so I figured I’d share some pics:

The trees in the back are about 300ft away:

Convoy Z1/SFT40/8A Buck Driver on the Left and IF22A on the Right:

2 Thanks