Best all round bright 18650 light

i’ve been using the solarforce l2m (2012) version with a 1000 lm xml-u2 drop in and its a joy to use. if u dont want something heavy alike skyray king or tr-j12 :stuck_out_tongue: only thing i find con about it is the no tail stand

That’s all you need for a good show’n’tell! Although I’m not one to talk, as I haven’t yet made my own review.

Seriously though, I would post a quick mini review if have have the time. I wouldn’t worry so much about Amps and voltage, the tech geeks will know what they are getting as the driver options are in the product description. I’ve looked at that LXP on more than 1 occasion and so far have held back from purchasing one…

That looks really good. I wouldn’t mind seeing some comparison beamshots if anybody has any?
Looks to be a 3040mA driver in the 850lm model. That would be perfect for general use and dog walking.

The 980L on the other hand should win in ultimate brightness, but might get to hot on high for any constant use like dog walking, although the outside temperature will be anything from +10 degC to –10degC during the time of the year I’ll need a light for walking, so a warm light might be nice :slight_smile:

Consider the SolarForce L2 series lights w/ the new M3 head. I have several L2Ts and L2Ps and they’re all rugged and reliable. Plus you have the option for using P60 drop-ins for greater flexibility.

http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product_detail.php?id=487&s=26&t=LF

Yes, i do like the look of the new M3. I got my first Solarforce(2012 L2M) a few weeks ago and i’m very impressed with the quality.

I wonder could the M3 be easily modified with a new driver to push it nearer 3 Amps?

Cheers
Matt

If the M3 is anything like the MPP turbo-heads then it wouldn’t be an easy mod. SolarForce uses LOTS of thread locker or some sort of goo on the threads to keep everything inviolate. Until I get a look at an M3 I would assume its the same as earlier THs.

Ok, thanks for the info. I’ll wait until somebody gets hold of an M3.

Cheers
Matt