Best EDC

thanks but anduril…i’m looking for a simple 2/3 mode interface.

I’m more of a fan of AA/AAA lights, most of which come without charging features… For small pocket EDC, these my suggestions:

AAA lights:
Manner e02
Reylight Pineapple mini
Lumintop tool AAA

AA lights:
Zebralight removed as some people consider the UI complicated
Sofirn SP10 Pro AA
Convoy T2/T3
Lumintop tool AA

Ah but with a Yugo, you don’t go :smiley:

i had a Corvair with the automatic transmission lever on the dash.
one of my High School teachers collected Corvairs.
somehow, both of us survived.

Naw, that’s the Chevy No-Va.

Lumintop Tool AA running a 14500 li-ion.

Perhaps. But another worthy contender is Fix It Again Tony.

Speaking of Yugo I recall when you could still buy a new Zestava car on the internet for around $3000 in 2001. Of course the factory had been destroyed in like 1998 or so.

the BEST one is the one you have
with you when you need it.

If you see a light you like but it has Anduril, don’t let that keep you from buying it. You can set up Andruil to have such a simple 2 or 3 modes if you want.

Exactly!

That’s why I keep an OLight mini baton in my jeans coin pocket. If I am wearing pants, I’ve got a light.
:smiley:

AMC Gremlin. The name says it all.

Love the Lumintop tool AA. Comes with a clip, diffuser, clicky tail AND a magnetic twisty. Probably the only light that includes both. There is a glow in the dark in the lens. Couldn’t ask for more. The UI is fast and easy. Excellent runtime too.

Olight i3s AAA is an excellent EDC too. Always on my keyring.

I am looking at the sofirn sc32, I am interested but I have read negative opinions on the battery indicator. It exists in 5000k, according to you is a reliable light recommendable?.

The one huge advantage of the SC32 is the size.

There is some truth to that, but there is nothing greater than having teh right light for the right situation. I used to hate lugging around a bulky and heavy LL X21 in my camping gear until one day I totally needed it because I heard an unknown sound. With it I was able to discover a donkey across the road making a lot of noise. I don’t think a pen light or tactical flashlight would have been useful that night.

after reflection, I am looking for a lamp with 1 single mode or 2 maxi with good autonomy, any idea?

Acebeam pokelit 2 AA? Streamlight stylus pro 2 AAA? Pelican 1920?

The BEST is the one, that you have in your pocket, when you need one!
:wink:

I’d suggest the Lumintop EDC18. Very compact 18650, 2800 lumens (briefly) good ramping, starting with a nice moonlight and ending brighter than you need for almost anything, double-click access to turbo from any brightness, and pretty affordable. Haven’t looked for another EDC since I got this 2-3 years ago.