Best EDC

Intéressant merci

it;s pretty long though, i wouldn;t consider it pocket sized

That’s what she said…

The de facto budget pocketable 18650 EDC seems the Convoy S2+, configured to your liking with driver and emitter.
I have a couple S2+ and like them a lot, but still I EDC an old Shinning Beam S-mini…! A bit lighter weight and smaller in length and diameter. (emitter to XP-L2 years ago, and had to replace the tail switch)
I’m a bit Luddite here;… still like the simple 3 mode low-med-high with memory. 1.4 Amp top speed is my balance point for run time, heat and light. I always have one of these in my pocket, used daily.

I have an old EagleTac D25LC2 that’s even smaller/shorter. It’s nice but the twist switch is too much trouble for daily use.

Ah the S-Mini. Yes. I have a couple of them, all stock though. Fine lights. I got a hot plate recently, maybe it is time for an emitter swap…
I wonder if they can still be found out there?

Boost driver D4 or D4K (personally I think the D4K is just on the edge of being too big for some of my pockets/purses while the D4 is perfect for anything I wear/carry and I’ve never unexpectedly run out of battery on my D4; I just check the battery each morning and swap it if it’s <3.9 (plus 18650s are so small that if I’m going to be away from home for an extended time, 2 in a case doesn’t add much bulk/weight) but if you always have a lot of storage space on you and want more battery, a D4K is fine too. High output without burning your hand if you leave it on turbo for more than 30 seconds, great UI, basically the best looking small light around.

Maybe an SP35 if you don’t want to swap batteries from a charger or don’t like featureful UIs - if I was gifting a light to a nontechnical person, I’d get them an SP35, but for a hacker, it’d be a D4/D4K/D4S.