Best Men's Wallet Ever?

This one doesn’t work for me. I need more space for money bills.

You’d be surprised. I’ve carried $400.00 before.

Hell no. Allett original. Fabric or leather. Creates two stacks of cards so it ends up thinner than anything else out there. Holds as many bills as you want in the bill pocket or in the extra large full size pocket. Not cheap now that they’ve got this new material but I’ll never use anything else. Did I mention that it ends up being thinner than anything else. I looked at a lot of different ones trying to find the thinnest wallet out there 10 years ago. It went through the wash a few months ago and nothing fell out. It was rolling around free out of the pants pocket in the front loading machine when I found it at the end of the cycle.

Good to know people have their preferences.

After doing many hours of research and then carrying it for 10 years. Allett has a design patent for the “original” wallet. So it’s more than a preference, there are some facts backing up my preference. Depending on how you are going to carry it, if thick is not a problem for you then I’m sure you are happy with yours. But that is not the best wallet for most people. If you’ve never looked at the Allett original then it’s easy to understand your confusion. Period end of story. Edit. The title of the thread was changed. My comments made more sense before the change.

link

The Original - Nylon Edition it is available in leather also but that’s going to be slightly thicker. Read all the reviews. Some people do nitpick a little, but they are not giving it up.

Anybody have a recommendation for a nylon wallet? I keep looking at Spec Ops, but reviews referencing size limitations keep me from pulling the trigger. 50 bucks is outside my gambling limits.
BTW, great review, Joe.

Edit: Sorry, Oli. Checked your link. Nice, but not for me.

might be the end of the story, but not the end of the movie:

Thanks for the info Rusty Joe and for sharing your impressions. Looks like it's $44 for the nylon version with no zipper --

Your link leads here: https://www.all-ett.com/collections/rfid-wallets/products/nylon-original-wallet?variant=40213941452964

https://www.amazon.com/Allett-Original-Wallet-Green-Blocking/dp/B08Q8QNQ36

I could not find the one you demonstrate in the video with a zipper.

Here's the one I have (Eagle Creek brand) that I've had longer than i can remember, at least 10 years, and it's still holding up well. I don't want a zipper as the Velcro on mine holds great and is super easy and quick to rip open and get what i need or show my drivers license. A zipper is a little cumbersome in my opinion. https://www.amazon.com/Credit-Bifold-Wallet-Rainbow-California/dp/B07CLH3P2H/ref=sr_1_52?dchild=1&keywords=eagle%2Bcreek%2Bwallets%2Bfor%2Bmen%2Bvelcro&qid=1630793293&sr=8-52&th=1

And I can buy two for the price of yours. To each their own I guess.

I use a “card holder” and keep my bux separately. I hate bulky.

Did get a nylon wallet thingy, but haven’t used it yet for whatever reason. Buncha compartments for cards, coins, paper, etc., that gets nice and flat.

“Vegan-friendly leather”? Scares me that there is even such a thing.

It may not be obvious why the Allett “original” is so thin. The reason is the layout of the cards creates two separate stacks of cards when you close it. Almost all other wallets end up stacking all of the cards in the same pile when you close it. And there are no extra flaps and layers of material anywhere. Yes some cards get hidden but once you get used to your system and you know which cards are where and keep the frequently used ones visible it works good. So if you don’t want or need the thinnest wallet available then go elsewhere.

I have the leather version and I do love the slimness and the fact it is also good for carrying cash. It seems like most slim wallets focus on carrying cards with cash as a second thought.

Looks nice, but I still like my 20+ year old leather trifold that has rounded out comfortably in my back pocket.

Rusty,

Watt prevents the cards from spilling out if it’s inadvertently tipped too much in one direction?

PS. My leather trifold is setup so that my cards on both ends and in between are kinda friction jammed enuff against one another that this is prevented from happening. Also, there’s a driver’s license stand alone clear window in the middle also somewhat secured in the same fashion.

PSS. By far the most frequent reason why I show my driver’s license in that secured middle window (saves me from having to pull it out each time) is for age verification towards getting discounts at various retailers. :laughing: :open_mouth:

Because the material keeps it secure and the non-solid structure doesn’t allow it to bounce out like the hard plastic ones do. Plus, officers always ask to hand them the license, never to show it in the wallet. That’s true anywhere.

“Because the material keeps it secure and the non-solid structure doesn’t allow it to bounce out like the hard plastic ones do. Plus, officers always ask to hand them the license, never to show it in the wallet. That’s true anywhere.”

Ok so cards don’t fall out. Good.

I have to show my Costco Card so much that I’d have to whip it out ad nauseum. A lot of unzipping, pulling out cards, zipping up again, fumbling about.

Besides it kinda reminds me of a little old lady digging coins out of her dinky snap pouch dealie. :person_facepalming:

IDK, man. I don’t think this thing rocks for guys ya know? I sure as hell wouldn’t flash it around certain Harley crowds. Unless it had a big as* chain attached to it. :open_mouth:

Right now I only just show one third of the Costco Card sticking out of my trifold slot and they still let me in.

I’d consider your wallet if it had at least one clear window on the outside butt then with
all the pocket rubbing going on that clear flexible window would likely be toast pretty dam quickly.

Butt that’s just me. For sum tho’ just might be the best wallet out there.

Just try it. The cards are secured nicely.

I have the Spec Ops T.H.E. Wallet Jr. I’ve had it for years and love it. Plenty of card slots and room for cash. The “shark-bite” closure keeps everything secure. After maybe 5 years, it shows almost no wear. I spent a long time shopping before deciding on this wallet to replace my old one. It is a real good choice IMO.