Best multi purpose light for $50? If you could only have one light, which would you choose and why?

Tough !
I like the power of my HD2010, but it’s not too pocket friendly size wise.
So I would go with my Keygos M10.
It has a smooth tapering transition from head to body, it’s made well, it’s properly heatsinked, and it’s battery flexible.
It’s bright and it throws well, plus the price is right.
Excellent bang for the buck.

+1

It has to be either a well driven C8 or a well driven P60 & Host.

But that’s not counting shipping.

Another vote for a well-driven C8 XML .

..like XinTD C8 (which has also the best build quality I have ever seen for a C8)

and if how much you spend under $50 doesn’t either, then Bang-4-The Buck I’ll say this one as an EDC. It’s small but IMO it throws and floods in just the right balance, it tail-stands, it has a useable low, it doesn’t get hot, it’s got double heavy-duty o-rings at the pill & one at the tail, deep SMO reflector, XRE, glass lens, and it’s built like a little tank. In fact you can buy 6 of them for nearly under $50.

Granted if you what really want is Jacob A60 kinda power obviously this ain’t it. Personally if I needed to I’d EDC both and that would solve that problem. I’m very impressed with mine.

I have a ultrafire C8 with xml-t6 and stainless steel bezel and SMO reflector, and it’s VERY bright.
bought it for 19.99 dollar here

I think the answer is largely situation dependant. If I have the ability to charge lithiums, keygos m10 no question. If I’m in a primary only situation, minimum 3d Maglite, as I WILL need a club too…. :wink:

yep same here…not a pure thrower but will put light out there…still enough spill for indoors…I have several with the nangj V2 from kd and they’re awesome…

p60 a close second…it will do everything, but does not throw very well and heat sinking is not as good as the C8 style…

Bottom line best.

Have 5 in a dead heat. SE-1, S-Mini, SF L2M with E1320 DI, MIX6 & PA40W. When the dust settled I had to go with the……………………later Edit- I re-read the question & realized the Q was not ‘could’ you pick one, but rather if you ‘had’ to pick one. After mulling over this specific Q with the 5 lights I listed, all things considered, I will go with my S-Mini. Now my other lights ‘feel left out’. Hope your happy :slight_smile: .

Keith

Might be a light that is also a charger for cell phones, etc. which has a nice C8 like beam?

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/double-usb-mobile-device-charger-318650-xml-t6-flashlight-p-365.html

http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S020383

After that, however many many non-multipurpose lights is open, I guess. :slight_smile:

It's a really hard question to ask guys who have tons of lights , there is no ..."one light scenerio" and by giving a 50$ limit it begs the upper end of the spectrum

Used Nitecore D-10 modded with a nichia or xpgr4 4B

My OEM custom.

I’m with troop in going with the utility of AAs. I like my pa40 a lot, but I don’t have the experience that many of the others have and you have many good suggestions already. I also don’t own many lights (YET).

I know it would give people having tons of lights some problem…… I hops I did not give anyone nightmares……
Interesting answers. Keep em comin’ :bigsmile:

joa,

I don’t know for sure if this one is legit, but if you do in fact get the true SkyRay STL-V2 for that price it would be one heck of a bargain. And if it is the real deal, it will be the best money you could spend for the price on one of the best flashlights period.

I think lights are so purpose driven..

i thought about the Ld-40 Fenix or the jetbeam PA ... but it only fills a certain slot .. it fills the ..I want a AA only light ..

Of the 2 I think the Ld-40 as a general purpose light might make more sense .. it has that xpg r4 4b neutral emitter and a sweet tint and great CGI which makes the colors all pop. and it has lots of throw using a smooth reflector that has a beautiful beam pattern ..So I would find it hard to want a more floody beam like the pa-40 when the xpg is so perfectly done here .

But would i dare say it would suffice as a single all purpose light ?? for some too big , for others too throwy , others not bright enough .not powerful enough ??..I'll say it's a great light and was a deal for under 40$..A nice light .

Want me to reccomend 10 more great lights ??

they all would have a few things in common , good mode spacing , no nasty pwm , nice knurling or well built bodies , sexy sweet neutral /high cgi tints,pretty beam patterns,interesting user interfaces etc ..etc .. etc..

Out of a 100 lights you'll find 12 or so that modified just a bit come pretty close to being ..lights you really like ..

the one light ...is really a one out of ten light

i think if I could only have one light it would probably be a single AA light ... but again asking any light to do all things is just asking for all thigs to be done semi poorly .

You really need a (good) head lamp , you really need a(good) keychain light , a 18650 powered light as well as almost all the other battery sizes .Any decent household coverage of lights will include multiple lights for muliple tasks . A back door thrower , dog walking light,cheap bright simple battery loaner light ,lantern,stainless steel ,beater light,low lumen bathroom light,nightstand light ,a few small (nichia 5mm) handy 20 lumen cheap lights ..

one light ..

:p that's just silly

I hear ya, Boaz. Howevre, the PA40 at $40 right now is a steal! You could get that AND some eneloops and keep it at $50. I wish I had more lights so I could throw out other suggestions… but you’ve already go many good ideas.

The Ultrafire T-50 is my general purpose light.