Best multiple AA flashlight. Sunwayman D40A ???

Don’t have any other multi AA lights for comparison—
But I have the Starry Light SA-22 from IS, and its a great light.
I think it is a tremendous value for $24.99 !!

http://illuminationsupply.com/other-brands-c-28_98/starry-light-sa22-880-lumens-4-x-aa-p-901.htm#.Ur5JgGt5mSM

Better than Doingoutdoor??

Fenix TK41. Period.

I could not understand why a torch could be worth over a hundred bucks.

But I liked it so much I bought a 2nd one...

I had TK40 and sold it the next day. Far too much battery carrier rattle, switch hard to use with gloves, body felt thin and light…

I have both the EA4 and the D40A, and I think the D40A is much better.

Ok... speaking of Fenix ...I bought the Ld40 for 27$.

It was a pretty sweet bang for the buck ... great light ,sweet modes, nice tint and lots of throw .

SWM d40A has very very few people ever say a thing negatively about it .I'd say you can safely buy it knowing that you'll probably make a good buying decision.

So where do I wanna get the D40A neutral white from ?

$ Fifty Six at doingoutdoor.com
$ Fifty Nine at HKE (after the selectable discount)

I emailed Bill at doingoutdoor but he wouldn’t give me any discount code :frowning:

I think the PA40 (PA40W as the neutral version) is still the best multi-AA light money can buy.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/jetbeam-pa40-neutral.html
Maybe someone else has it cheaper???

I have D40A, EA4, EA4W. D40A the best, no doubt.

BG have SWMD40A for about same price too.
So far I’m not get shipping problem for flashlights from Doingoutdoor, lower price will be nice though :bigsmile:

IS promotion already expired, but for US buyers, it’s worth to ask them if some discount is available.

DX and BG have lower price than that. Can get additional disc. from BG using standard coupon (blf).

I think current best price for PA40 is from WB using coupon SWIATELKAWB.

I really don’t like the style of that PA40. Plus I prefer orange peel reflectors.

Which of those places have the new version of the NW D40A with the thicker spring ?

Bill from doingoutdoor.com says that his D40A in neutral white is a 4C tint.

Can anyone verify this ? I can’t find their listed specs about the tint anywhere…

Also, any thoughts on which XML2 neutral white tint is the best ? From what I am hearing, 3C has a green tint while 4C is ok and 5C is also ok but warmer. Right ?

You should ask Sunwayman directly they seem to communicate well. Usually big manufacturers simply do not spec the exact tint on lights probably because when that is not available anymore will use one very similar.

Just ordered the Neutral white D40A through doingoutdoor.com

Bill gave me a $2 discount lol. Thanks Bill !

I made notes and asked them to inspect before shipping and ensure I get the neutral white 4C and ensure there is no bad tint.

Review when I get it. This is one expensive non-lithium flashlight! Fingers crossed!

Doingoutdoor has the best price!!

Yup. I asked him for a discount and he lowered the price of the neutral white to $54. Only $2 off but better than nothing !

No idea how long before it goes back to $56 !!

As someone who owned the Nitecore EA4 and had to return it because it stopped operating correctly. I can say the D40a is a better light. The addition of the moonlight mode over the EA4 sends it over the edge. I don’t think it’s leaps and bounds better, but it might be hard to find a light that is in this category.

Just noticed a new PA40 style light—
The Terralux Colorado.
XM-L, But with a 3 lumen low and 580 lumen turbo,
at the same MSRP as the PA40— i don’t see it
Taking too much market share.

batteryjunction.com/terralux0tlf-colo-500.html?utm_source=2013_12_30_decNewsletter_blocks&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=body

What is the story on this Starry Light SA-22?