Best P60 drop-in for SF L2m with multiple battery types?

E1320, sorry for the lame question. I’m new to the flashlight realm so excuse ignorance lol. What is the difference between the 2 drop ins you listed? Thanks again. Much appreciated.

One has an OP (orange peel) reflector and one has a SMO (don’t know what it stands for, but it means it’s smooth).

OP reflectors scatter the light slightly more than SMO reflectors. This means an OP reflector will have a smoother hotspot to spill transition and of course brighter spill and less throw. The SMO reflector does not scatter light in different directions (as much as OP) so these are usually used in lights which are designed for throw.

But for a P60 light, it’s not like you’re going to be able to throw anyway because of small reflector, so it won’t make much of a difference between these two, seeing as though the OP surface on this particular surface seems to be very light (small bumps, as opposed to bigger bumps).

The first one listed is an 'Orange Peel' reflector (more floody), while the second one is a 'Smooth' reflector (more throwy).

I THINK that's the difference!

~Gnarly

Thanx,Slewflash! Slow typist,here!

it’s the proverbial draw of luck.

My very first 1-mode XM-L, acquired in february 2011, still holds up well. Still, three solarforce dropins I bought half a year later have failed on me. The old XP-G 0.8v dropin lasted about nine months, then it went south all of a sudden, for no apparent reason. Same with three XM-L dropins; suddenly, they grew a habit of still keeping their three or five modes - still, only in moonlight mode. I may actually look directly at the emitter, now, as even a passenger car’s headlight at a hundred feet away would cause ten times more stress for the human eye.

Tell you one thing, strobe in moonlight-mode sure looks funny - and still as useless.