Best Price On Black Shadow Terminator

If you prefer throw over flood, then most likely you will choose TK75 over Terminator. Terminator flood better than TK75 except ceiling bounce which they are equal. Occasionally some BLFers confuse output with flood so they see TK75 throw better and have same output(flood).
Terminator is very well designed for practical use and comfort. It throws as good as SR51 with a lot more lumens, and very small size if compare to TK75. That handle is a plus as it is much more comfortable to hold on handle than holding on 4x18650 battery tube. You can’t feel it if you only use your flashlight for 5 minutes or so.

Yup! Total personal preference and its application. Tk75 was an incredible light and if I could afford too, I’d have kept it in a heartbeat!

I just compared it along side my BTU… Bear in mind the mods done to my BTU. But even with the BTU on high ( not turbo ) It eats the terminator alive. Not sure how close they would be stock. The Terminator is very well made, compact, & very bright. It’s not in the ‘big boy’ league. Taking nothing away from it. Depending on your needs. It’s an excellent flashlight as far as I can see… The small quad reflectors hinder more than help…. IMO not enough reflection for any serious throw other than raw power… It does flood quite well though… But once again, not at a top shelf level. But it will all depend on a consumers needs & personal preference. Not everyone is as anal as we about flashlight performance. With the awesome workmanship, compact size, Simple UI, & raw power. A great all around light.

Agreed. It is 4 reflectors, not much different than the size of P60 reflectors. Not sure why people would expect it to bomb light out to 600 yards like the TK and BTU. Totally different league of light.

If anything it is comparable to the King in size and reflectors. And in that case, it sure kicks the kings butt.

Terminator vs. TK75 and BTU? A useless comparison. Not sure why that is part of the debate lol.

All in all, they are all beasts of lights (that I wish could be part of my collection lol)

Hey it’s what we do. And that’s compare. Even if it’s apples to oranges, most of us like to do this and compare bang for your buck with other lights.

Hi, does anyone know how the new TN30 and the Terminater would stack up against each other or even the old TN30.
Cheers

The New TN30 outfloods the Terminator.

Ah fair enough. True, we are flashoholics. And I do love comparisons. I guess I just feel like it is taking a bad rap for not keeping up to something it shouldn’t have to.

You are right though, comparisons keep this hobby well and alive, and entertaining too.

I agree it’s entertaining.
But I think this is the obvious apple to apple.
BlackShadow Terminator vs Niteye EYE40 vs NiteCore TM26
Out of that bunch I do believe the Terminator is the cheapest.

AGREED!!!

Totally! That is a realistic comparison I would like to see!

Thanks Dale.

For its size… Not many can compare.

Just thought I would pass on that I have been in contact with Black Shadow about my U3 Terminator not putting out the full 3500 lumens. We have communicated a few times now and they are trying to find a solution and an answer Appears to good service so far.
Also they notified me that they cannot identify which XML bin the Terminator has from its serial number. And they stated that each LED is powered at 3a. Not sure if that is at the emitter or from the driver.
I’ll update as I get any more news from them.

Just got a U3 terminator from doingoutdoor.com.
As others have said, it’s impressive, but the SRK has more bang for buck, at about a third the price.
I’m not as wowed as I’d hoped.

Just wonder did you contact Ric about BTU 3500 lumens spec.
I am not attacking BTU here, just would like to know what is the response by Ric.

Add to that List Ultrafire UF-T90 4x Cree XM-L U2 might be interesting with a modded driver

Tonight I’ll try and go out and give it a test. I actually laid awake last night annoyed at how crappy the light is.

On ceiling bounce even the TK75 on mid power beats the Terminator. When you bump it to high it wipes the floor with it.

I’ll go somewhere that I can do a flood test and see if I can get a video of it. It will be easier to get video showing the difference of the two but I need to find somewhere to do this test.

I will fire an email to the supplier of the light incase I have got a duff one.

I am happy to spend $150 on a light if it is worth it. Currently this is not worth it.

- I do like the handle though. it is actually a really nice feature.

It sounds like you got a lemon chrisc, or that you had very high expectations before you got it, so the high expectations turned into high disappointment.

Though I don’t have a TK75 to test with.