Best Price On Black Shadow Terminator

As a member of http://www.backpackinglight.com I have to disagree, those 4oz is enough for my cooking kit while hiking…in this case though it’s not to much difference. The ergonomics of the Terminator win for me though, the less weight combined with this could make this a beast of a light to have up in the hills during the night.

I happen to have 4 unflowed XM-L2 U2 1C emitters sitting in my parts bin that I had planned to use 3 of in an SRK mod and the other in a 1D Mag but I am sorely tempted to swap them into my U2 Terminator for poops and chuckles. I have a bunch of 16mm thick copper MCPCB's as well. I also have some new 20ga silver plated copper Teflon insulated wiring I recently got. I also have some silver thermal grease. Sooooo tempting.

Put them on Sinkpads?
Bet you could then sell it for some major cash.

The sinks I have are from LED-TECH.DE and are direct to copper with no dielectric layer under the emitter. Direct to pure copper goodness. Yum!

Do itttttttttttttt.

You now have no choice Johnny. It must be done :stuck_out_tongue:

JM i think you should upgrade to XML2 and send it to me for testing.

Do it Johnny. :expressionless:

$135 with blf code:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1278701

Actually, you know, putting the final price after the promo code is not a good idea.

I think it would be best if this thread listed the advertised price on Fasttech’s website and then say a discount can be had by entering, for example, PRICECONTROL without mentioning the final price.

Otherwise, as we have seen, FT’s competitors and even the manufacturers themselves end up creating problems for them that can only hurt us in the long run and could change FT’s ability to continue providing great service at a great price in the future - it could potentially be an existential threat.

Just a thought!

BTW, you can enter PRICECONTROL for a great price on the Terminator.

Thats not really a great price anyway,but i agree on not posting prices…

Ok, you’re right.

Since I already own a Terminator I’m not in the market, but I am curious. Without mentioning the price, which merchant has a better price?

Thanks!

Check Doingoutdoor.

Big discount on 3 models of BS Terminator with coupon code. Best price I've seen.

I won’t mention price, but it’s a just a little more at Fasttech for the xml U2 version…

I got the U3 version in the mail today.

As stated, it came with the silver bolts at the handle, rather than the original black ones found on my U2 version.

I don’t have my lux meter yet, as DX only shipped it today. The only method of testing is on the wall. I took some beam shots, but they are basically identical.

The only difference, is that the U2 version is SLIGHTLY more neutral which I prefer. I won’t have the U3 terminator by the time the lux meter arrives as I ordered it for someone I know and they are eager to take it away from me.

Does anyone know how I can measure current draw on these? That is the only other method of checking that I can think of while I have it.

Just did a ceiling bounce on my 2 Terminator U2. Both of them show 165 lux. My TK70 shows 140 lux. Just for relative comparison.

Just tried my Terminator u3 @ 1 meter 63,500 lux

+1