Best Price You've Seen on SANYO NCR18650GA 18650

That’s the problem. Once you receive your order from China, that is it. Fakes or not. You can go with 30Q if you need same performing cells. I am not aware of fake batches being shipped to USA. Yet :slight_smile:

Well that is not entirely true, on aliexpress you can quite easily get a refund if you can show that they are fakes, just not sure about dhgate.

Good luck in providing proof that you have received fakes to Aliexpress reps.

Maybe, if you are lucky to talk to their battery expert (unlikely).

Both batteries are brown with good print, identical in appearance…

Actually it is far far simpler then that, ailexpress is even worse / better then ebay when it comes to this kind of thing. You simply have to suggest that it might not be what you ordered and you get an instant refund.

Heck you can cut the cord off a DVD player and then claim it came that way and you still win the case without a hope for the seller.

You can file a claim simply because you didn’t read the manual even though the device works perfectly and still instant win for the buyer.

It is stupid but it is the way it is. I know, I have had the above done to me and many many more.

All that said I don’t plan on actually doing it, just keep seeing deals for them and keep thinking about it. Now if I could find those deals on aliexpress I would consider it.

I did not know that. I am not using Alibaba
So, Chinese sometimes get ripped off? :person_facepalming:
Good to know.

Oh yes, people think only the buyers get ripped off, doesn’t matter where you are, the sellers are just as likely with the modern protection policies that most sites have in place.

They basically boil down to “the customer is ALWAYS right, no matter how well the seller proves otherwise, the buyer is still right, screw the seller”.

The only way I know of to win a case on ebay is to literally trick the buyer with word games to admit that they are lying / scamming / extorting you.

The only plus side to my experience as a seller is I now buy from ebay and aliexpress with impunity knowing that there is no way in heck I will get ripped off.

Eveb with buying 100 cells 3.50 a cell still seems almost to cheap. Maybe around $3 for 1000 pieces. I know imrbatteries has a blf 15% code permanently now. You would get a small break buying 100 cells and then use 15% off. They have the he4 I believe for 4.50

HG2 very expensive @ imrbatt

Yeah, the last time I purchased 150 HE2’s I got them for $2.50 each, so the price sounds about right for HG2’s based on that experience but like I said, I think I am going to pass for now. Just not willing to put out that kind of cash at the moment.

Exactly. I received four 30Q today in a simple padded envelope without any marking whatsoever.

Had the chinese sellers been packaging batteries in a reasonable way fow the last few years, we wouldn’t have the restrictions we have now.
They probably invest more into circumventing shipping requirements than it would cost to simply obey them. Go figure.
If they go on like this, restrictions will become even harder.

these NCR18650GA look just right for using in a high powered flashlight, but who has pics of the genuine cells ?
bg has them for £6.22 or 7.45US$ but they don’t look the same as other cells
reason i ask is i don’t have any battery testing equipment yet

I saw the BG ones but could not stomach spending that much per cell. I got 10 of them for $46, or the same price as 6 of them on banggood.

Also banggood has 30Q’s for $7.50 for 2 of them with md4max’s code. I would take 2x 30Q over a single GA.

What’s the code for the 30Q’s from Banggood for $7.50?

It looks like the 7.50 code expired but he has another one for 8.50: https://m4dm4x.com/2016/07/14/samsung-30q-flat-button-top/

For those who have not seen it yet , I was able to get a 15% discount code from IMR batteries for the BLF members. The code is…………… BLF15

It is good for any item on the entire site but pretty much limited to the USA and Canada.
With the code the price of the Sanyo’s in question in OP would be $5.10.

You can see the thread and information here………

price of shipping kills deals for me in New Zealand, cost more than the batteries

Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh - 10A Just received these batteries from http://eu.nkon.nl/

Charger show only approx 2700mAH, are these fakes? :smiling_imp:

Looks to me like you are showing the ‘Charged’ values, and I presume you changed them from the supplied storage voltage? If so that looks good. Maybe the LCD is not completely visible and you did do a “Charge Test”? If so then it looks a bit low but since it’s not a precise instrument you’d have to do the same to another battery of known capacity and check the accuracy.

Well this mah amount is after I received the batteries and charged them. It charged batteries to 4.2v. Personally I have no idea. Should it not be 3500mah?

Capacity test is done by discharging, and not by charging .

Now when you have fully charged cells, you should do discharging (capacity test), and you will get approximate capacity of each cell.

From what I can see you will get OK results.