Best Price You've Seen on SANYO NCR18650GA 18650

Nope. If the battery was completely drained, which it wasn’t, you would get an approximate value but not a true capacity test.

If you still have the manual, or download it, for the charger study the different modes.

As mentioned in the previous message, now you have charged batteries, you could do a Discharge on the battery at say 500mA and you should get a good capacity estimate that is close to it’s manufacture’s rating.

When you get new batteries, use the “Charge Test” mode on that charger to get a charge and a capacity test, but it will take a while to complete. I like to use the batteries once or twice then do the capacity test. See the manual for setting up the test to get a resonable estimate.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Probably good batteries, it is a reputable seller. I will check later as per your advice.

I can confirm that; having gotten money back from AliExpress a couple of times and WITHOUT having to return anything. Just yesterday I received an item in the wrong color; sent Ali a picture of it and a few hours later I had the money back and of course got to keep the item.
The customer services departments at BangGood, GearBest et consortes could learn a lot from AliExpress.

What you are showing is the ma your charger has put in to the cells to fully charge them from the amount of ma they had when they arrived with you partially charged not the capacity of the cells.
It looks like they had around 800ma when you received them at probably around 3.8v & your charger has put around 2,700ma in to them to bring them up to full capacity at around 4.2v.
Looks right to me but as others have said the only way to know capacity is to discharge them from fully charged.

Well put ‘b-h’……… :+1:

Panasonic (genuine) cells are always shipped at 3.6V

Ok, so you’ve received genuine cells. Do you also check whether the cells are of the same batch (production date), and same voltage? I paid premium price for button top GAs, but all 8 cells were of the exact same production day, and the difference between min and max voltage of the 8 cells was only 0.002V. So what is your experience?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I just don’t care that much about saving a buck or two. Ordering from overseas and waiting an eternity for shipping is for the birds, and I won’t do it again unless I HAVE to because an item is unavailable here in the US. I personally get my batteries from Illumination Supply (the NCR18650GA is $5.99 here as well). And even their free super saver shipping is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH faster than any overseas shipping. Then again, I live close enough to them to pick up in person if I want something more quickly.

They were going for $4.91 at LiIon Wholeseale for Black Friday. I got in at the very last minute, I picked up 4.
They had 30Q’s for the same price too.

Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA 18650 Flat Top Battery - 10A 3500mAh // ncr18650ga /// 4 x $ 4.91 / $ 19.64

Which Fenix lantern and did they fit? The NCR18650GA based Keeppower 3500 cells I have are pretty tight in my Fenix CL25R. They will fit, but only just barely. They will not slide out by gravity alone. You have to shake them out. I’m looking to get some inexpensive protected NCR18650GA based 3500mAh 18650s, but have concerns about them fitting in.

IMR….
Currently 6.95 per cell (shipping included) if you order 2 pieces of Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A Button Top Battery

Seems to be about the going deal without ordering from overseas (I’m in the USA)

They fit fine in both the CL25R and the CL30R. Tip the lantern over and they slide right out with gravity. You can get them from Liionwholesale

Okay, thanks for the reply and confirmation.

Just bought 3 of these from IMR
Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A Button Top Battery

$5.52 per battery (with forum discount)
$2.85 shipping

Actual cost per battery = $6.41

Sounds fair to me.

I thought so too. Couldn’t really find a better deal on AliExpress, Bangood or anywhere.

I hope there’s a nice discount for ordering in bulk. If I get an electric bike, I’m going to need about a hundred of these.

That’ll be an expensive bike.

Yep. It’s unlikely to pay for itself, but that’s okay, it’s not like I’ve ever purchased a motorcycle thinking I’d save money due to better fuel efficiency. I’m doing it because I think I’ll enjoy it. Plus I’d rather do it myself rather than buy a prebuilt ebike with a big battery for $5-10k.

Even if I reduced my fuel consumption to zero, and didn’t have to pay electricity for charging my battery, it’d still take years to pay for the bike. My fuel consumption won’t be zero though because most of my fuel is used when I need a vehicle to pick up a lot of stuff, use my jeep to go camping, or go on a road trip. My commute is crazy short. Not my shortest commute-I was in the military. I hate long commutes, and don’t know how some of y’all can deal with it.

Speaking of scooters, I’ve been considering one of those old Honda Cub 90’s for a long time. They barely use any gas, can handle easy trails, and are light enough that I could pick it up and put it on the cargo rack of my jeep. They’re inexpensive too. I still prefer electric in the long run though because they should be quieter, and over time the range will improve as batteries improve.

The one big advantage for any scooter is that they’re not as easy or desirable to steal as a bicycle. You can park your scooter in motorcycle parking spots, and a bike shouldn’t be parking there, and the bike parked there would be stolen in a heartbeat if it wasn’t locked to anything. The theft issue is my biggest problem with an ebike, especially one I mod myself since insurance doesn’t quite cover it. Even if insurance pays for the parts, it doesn’t pay for the time I put into it and would have to put into its replacement. So I figure worst case, I use my ebike much less than I wanted to, but it’d be okay even if I could only use it while camping. That’s really where saving gas will be awesome. The long trip out into the desert, plus a few side trips, quickly burns through my gas tank and jerry can. If I had an ebike, plus solar to charge a spare battery, I could do as many side trips as I wanted to without depleting the gas I need to get back home. So yeah, if it turns out that I can build good battery packs, I’ll actually be buying hundreds of 18650’s. I could see 200 18650’s for two big battery packs for camping trips, plus another 100 for smaller battery packs to use in town.

Edit: Where did the comment between my last two comments go? The one about 10mpg and a scooter.