Best single-mode 18650 light? C8?

which light are you referring to bud?

5 1/2 weeks delivery time? :Sp
BTW… C8 U3 and C8 XM-L2 from lightmalls is indeed a nice lights for the money

I don’t know if it’s just me, but it seems that I keep seeing more and more mention of the C8 and/or variants. I’ve recently started trying a couple of them and really like them. Before I got my first one, I think that one of the things that turned me off was that I thought that it was a lot larger than it really is, from the pictures, but when I actually got the first one, it’s really just the head that is larger.

In fact, I have one in a holster that I use to use for an L2x, so it’s overall about the same size as a P60 light. And, the two C8s that I have now out-throw all of the P60-based lights that I have now.

So, I guess that I’d vote for some light in the C8 form factor.

The KDC8L2-U2

yeah. I thought the C8 ’s were bigger than what they were when I 1st started reading reviews until I got a metric ruler and saw how small they actually are I can wear them on holster for everyday wear and never even feel it and as far as throw/flood wow and rechargeable batteries man makes my old Streamlight and friends surefires that eat up cr123’s seem archaic heck there are some members of these forums that can modd these like import tuning cars to ridiculous lumen output

I have a couple of Solarforce single modes that are great. Both L2M, one with the standard single mode XM-L U2 P60 dropin, the other with the M3S head, which is basically C8 size as far as i can tell.

here you go, read his whole description…i really wonder how this guys lights are…
sounds like he custom makes your light.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TACTICAL-HUNTING-LED-w-Mount-Remote-Switch-Options-Beats-2000L-Lights-CPI-/190829472238?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2c6e52a9ee

Lots of big talk from that seller, but his pricing is nuts! I’m not entirely clear how it is modded, but I’m sure you could build it for less. I don’t see anything to justify a $15-20 C8 marked up to 3-4 times that.

…and thanks for clarifying which one junkie.

Thanks Flomotion, but 5 mode is a deal breaker

I just finished setting up my buddiesA/R With Lightmalls C8LU3. Pressure switch from Fasttech and 1”(25mm) triple picatinny rail for under from DX all for under 38.$00 I never seen him so happen

Lightmalls has a single-mode? All I can seem to find is 5 modes.

I ordered it from Kiadomain on 3/7/2013 just got it on 4/22 /2013 .I like it don’t get me wrong I don’t see it being much brighter than my Lightmalls C8LU3 and its tint seems a little cooler I think I have been spoiled by Lightmalls and Fasttech s quick shipping time.

Haterade - boy, single mode is soooo easy to program, two secs. Any Nanjg can be converted and you still get current regulation, proper battery status handling, etc.

You should order a Nanjg based light - FT has a ton of them, drop-ship it to me, I'd convert to 1 mode, and ship it on to you -- I'll do one for you -- no charge, just cover shipping please. Hope you're in the US though, otherwise shipping may bust the deal.

Only one please! Only once please, just for you! Post or pm me.

I'd suggest a Convoy C8, but there are others.

Well thanks Tom, that is very nice of you. I will definitely consider it.

But Kaidomain does if you don’t mind the wait sorry for missing your post but the gentle man that answered. You is the C-8 man from what I understand

All I'd have to do is pop out the driver in order to get the dip clip on the PIC to download the program to it. The driver I'm using is luxdrv 0.30 by Dr Jones (Thanx Doc!)described here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4672, but modified to support any mode configuration, or just one mode . The battery monitoring capability works real nice - I tested it on running down a battery. Direct drive is a bit risky, this is much safer in terms of regulation and low battery voltage handling.

light junkie is right I 've heard - I think KD will custom program a driver for you, make it one mode if you like, but don't know the details.

Update: pm me, I'd like to help you out...

hmmmm, one mode xintd c8 would be a killer gun light 8)

I should clarify, doesn’t HAVE to be a C8 per se… Just put that in the title because it seems to be a common and effective platform. Gun-mountability is a bonus, but also not an absolute requirement.

This is going to be for my old man. Already gave him a XinTD 3 mode. He still wants a single-mode blaster for his truck. (Reminds me a little of your story with the mechanic gords. Hopefully my dad actually knows what he wants.)

build him something……

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1675

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/search.php?encode=YTo0OntzOjg6ImNhdGVnb3J5IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6ODoia2V5d29yZHMiO3M6NDoiaG9zdCI7czoxMDoiaW1hZ2VGaWVsZCI7czoxOiIgIjtzOjE4OiJzZWFyY2hfZW5jb2RlX3RpbWUiO2k6MTM2NzYyNTM5MTt9

I’m sure tom would flash you a 7135 if you kept it single mode, and I have a single mode 2 x li ion driver I could post you if you wanted to build him a big light.