Best thrower below $40?

The Defiant light is my best thrower. Beats my HD2010 pretty good. Have done a few mods to it and more are on the way.

Could posibly maybe be worth it.

>>>>>>beyond my budget

Yeah, budgets are always a problem. Without the postage, it would be the no-brainer top pick, but a couple thousand miles adds a few bucks :wink:

>>>> I dont know which is better, the T08, HD2010 or the V6?

I personally would go for the T08 or HD2010 also because of the size. And since fasttech’s hd2010 is underpowered, I might go for the T08. But if I could find a top-notch 2010, I’d go for that as a first choice. The Hd2010 is not a teeny EDC, but then again it’s also not a V6, which won’t fit in just about any normalish pocket.

>>>>>Could posibly maybe be worth it.

The more I think about it, to me, it would DEFINITELY be worth $51 it if the super thrower took a 18650 or 26650 instead of c cells. I’d definitely do $51 for that. That giant head looks way cool with the small A8 battery tube subbed for the 3 c cell monster.

True but the reason why its over the budget is because i spent quite a bit on the king and the J18… The T08 looks cheap and good but is there any place that sells a top-notch HD2010? Thanks!

That’s some great lights! King and J18! Looks like you start directly from the top, so you save money by not collecting the intermediates. Welcome to the addiction!

Well, I ordered two HD2010s, one from Tmart and another from FastTech.

Tmart’s one had some problems initially but thanks to help I got it to work, but the hotspot was ringy, due to emitter not aligned with the reflector (trial and error but still couldn’t get it aligned)

FastTech’s one had a more concentrated hotspot, but the weird thing is the 26650-to-18650 converter pipe is glued to the pill, maybe the assembly line people got it wrong. And luckily I did not get a low-driven one.

Thanks :stuck_out_tongue: I dont think i should get a under-driven one… Do you have a link to the HD2010 tmart page?

Here it is

This is the exact same link as in this review

But between that review and my purchase was some time difference away. I got a no-logo version contrary to the pictures in that review.

The Jacob A60 should be considered also. It doesn’t have as much spill as the hd2010 or other XML throwers, but it will out throw them. Our HD2010 tests in the 52k range which is very respectable, but we have two A60’s that measure in the 72k range. And they can be bought for under $20.

I did propose him the a60, but edited it because is not in the range he mentions. I supposed he prefer more lumens or bigger spot

Buy the FandyFire STL-V6 from FastTech for like $37 shipped. That will be your best bet for throw and spill for the price. From my findings it will out throw the Jacob A60, too.

Just got the Fandyfire V6 from Fasttech 2 days ago. I was comparing the V6 with my Thrunite catapult V2 XML last night and the V6 beats it by a hair in throw with less donut hole on the V6 too. Plus better tint and multimode. I was using fully charged 2900mAh AW’s and fully charged Panasonic 2900mAh’s. :heart_eyes:

Be careful buying these long Panasonic protected batteries from fasttech, the 2900’s I just bought barely fit in the V6. Takes all the springs have to get the tailcap screwed on all the way seated. They are over 69mm, my AW 2900’s fit better, not so tight.

I want to thank ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS for recommending the STL-V6. I was reading posts and you compared the V6 to other throwers, and that’s why I bought it. I do not regret it…. :bigsmile:

Thanks.

It’s hard to beat that flashlight for the money. Just a little under the olight M3X and about the exact same as the Olight SR51 in throw.

I’ve got the Fandy fire v6? Which ever, it is good, I’ve also got a zy-t08. Depending on what I’m doing would determine what I take, the zy-t08 is much more convenient to carry and really doesn’t fall that far behind the stl-v6 in performamce, its also dead easy to up the output considerably if you wish too.

I don’t see how you could go wrong with either to be honest, its more od it better for you for the light to be long and slim or short and fat?

Edit, Fandyfire’s in the middle, zy-t08 is on the far right.

The FF STL-V6 would be your best bet. The Defiant is amazing for the money. The Leica AR Microscope glass Lens gives it about an 8% boost, which is noticeable in brightness and tint. Other tweeks make it a monster. The King is an Ultrafire T-90, but they are almost impossible to find, 9+ amps and three/four 26650s…

Ok that Home Depot Defiant thread is too long.

Could you kindly point me to an online order site where I could order this super thrower?

Think I might need to go hunt for C batteries :slight_smile:

You have me a little confused on that statement. I’ve tested SR51’s, HD2010, M3C4’s, 7G5’s, and A60’s together many times. And they all test in that order pretty much ever test we’ve ever done. The SR51 usually tests in the 52k range, the HD2010 in the 52-54k range, the M3C4 about 56k, the 7G5 right at 60k, and A60 at 72k. I’ve tested two different A60’s and both posted the same 72k. I love my SR51, but my $15 A60 spanks it in throw. They don’t look that impressive being 1/3 the lumen output, but throwers don’t need much to do its job. Both A60’s tested were done with quality 18650’s. Both read about 2.15A at the tailcap with those batteries.
I personally prefer the flood and throw combo the SR51 and other XML throwers offer, but that little tight A60 beam will out throw anything we own, short of the TN31’s obviously.

Unfortunately, you cant order it online, you need someone to hunt one down and ship it to you, the shipping blows the cost out of the water, I know, I looked, had offers and couldn’t justify it.

The fandyfire/skyray stl is a pretty awesome thrower, as I said above though, portability, the zy-t08 just blows it out of the water, similar throw, easily pushed to flashaholic levels and it drops into the pocket of any coat you own….

My hidden one was discovered by Mrs gords tonight when she grabbed my fleece, fortunately, she just figured it was another light so its just amongst the collection now. :bigsmile:

Well I all I will say is the FandyFire STL-V6 in my test will out throw the Jacob A60. I’ll give you another example to better illustrate my point. The Crelant 7G5 V2 collimator head will probably put out more lux and shine on a wall quite a bit brighter than my TN31 115,000 lux flashlight. But it won’t come close to out throwing the TN31 for distance. I got pictures to prove it, at 200yds and out to 445yds.

That’s the same way it works for the Jacob A60 from my testing vs the FandyFire STL-V6. My camera sees it that way as well.

Case in point.

Camera settings are the exact same on each photo.

Crelant 7G5V2 collimator head 200yds

TN31 200yds

you can tell by just looking at the pool wall at 120yds which one is brighter.