Best Throwers For the Money

True…. In England where bunnies/hares come from they have foxes and snakes to keep numbers down - but we have neither.

Just 22LRs, 22WMRs, 17s, 223s, and of course 12guages - king at night! Great fun :slight_smile:

Do you eat them and if you do you can’t eat that many unless you give a most of them away.

Weird. I though many things preyed on bunnies.

No one has really commented on my spreadsheet, which makes me think people don’t care for something like that, which is why I haven’t bothered to make it more complete… Throwers - Google Sheets

Regarding bunnies - I know NZ and AU have issues with certain species taking over, but I also know what humans are capable of (mass killings). I’m curious about the bunny populations in NZ…

Yes we do eat bunnies - though obviously not hundreds of them at a time… Bunny backsteaks and hindquarters are very like chicken - a whiteish meat. Hares good too - both delicacies in many parts of the world. Other very tasty game meats we shoot are wallaby (introduced in NZ from Aus) - tastes kind of a cross between veal and venison, of course all the species of deer, and wild pork. All introduced species. Popped two deer on a bunny shooting trip recently.

No natural predators in NZ - except men with rifles and big shiny torches. Which brings us back to thrower lights…. :slight_smile:

Add the Solarstorm SP03 to the list. Per JohnnyMac:

Lux @ 3m = 8330
Converted to 1m = 74,969
Throw distance = 547.61 meters

Review SolarStorm SP03 3x XM-L2 U2 from SoonDeals beamshots on page 85 and 86 Post # 21

Ohhh - I got tons more of throw #'s for stock and mods... I got the #'s in a notebook at home. You could also fill in a bunch from rdrfronty's published lists - I gave you the links in an earlier post.

There seems to be two camps on lumens and kcd measurments - mine, rdrfronty, and DBCStm seem to agree pretty closely, a couple of other BLF'ers also. But then there are selfbuilt's and some others that range lower. Could be the meters, or methodology, or both. There's almost always variety though from unit to unit - I see this a lot because frequently I have mutiple stock lights on-hand. Also, what cells you use can play a big part in results as well, depending on how well regulated the light is. For throw, I really should state at what distance the measurement was taken at, because that's a factor too. I always take mine indoors at 5 meters now.

205 kcd with dedomed xm-l2 u2@3.1~3.2Amp,closer to 300kcd at 6Amps.

I like this thread, one can find a lot of numers here, keep it up the good work :beer:

Please share more numbers its very interesting to watch those high numbers, but the Maxtoch 2x is on my wish list now, looks like a baton in size.

Would someone comment on the TK70.

Nothing precise, but as a rough guess, where does it rank among those throwers?

Only review I could find with throw measurement is this Fenix TK70 Review | Candle Power Flashlight Forum
64.5 kcd far from the rated 130.5 kcd. So either reviewer’s or Fenix’s measurement is way off. After seeing this I’m also a bit curious as to its measurement.

On another note, I received an unbranded Courui the other day that pulls a respectable 52kcd stock off of some LG laptop pulls.

what about C10 with xpg2 dedomed,direct driven ?

Thanks, that reviewer says that he tested from one meter, and someone else said that at 10 meters that he got double his number for the kcd, the reviewer then said that he would try again with a 10 meter reading (but never posted the results).

I don’t really know how to read those numbers, but I think that the TK70 while too big and old for cutting edge stuff, is still among the biggest boys on results, is that correct?

As someone who won’t be buying anything more powerful for a couple of years, and that bought the TK70 used a few months ago and hasn’t been able to take it outside of the city, I’m trying to figure out if it still ranks among the most powerful lights in the dark, out in the country. Is the beam still cutting edge good in rankings?

Saabluster has tested my stock TK70 l sent to him at 114kcd.

Will the TK 70 be a good super mod platform at some time in the future, when the right components become available?

Like this ? DST Monster thrower test for the Quad-DST project *UPDATE:* - BEAM SHOTS

Please what is the output cd or lux for flashlight “Small Sun ZY T13” ?

Don’t have this one myself, but others have said it to be around 45kcd. Haven’t seen hard numbers on this and most people seem more interested in it for an emitter swap and fitting with an aspheric lens.

Maybe add categories for the list.

I like the stock lights, heavily modded lights, and maybe easily moddded plug and play section too.

bigC