Best XP-G2 tint for dedome ?

I thought bin was tint too.

You can probably tell I wont be very helpful to your question. Although there is some discussion on tint choice and I think 3c is the winner, in the c10 GB thread.

Edit: Not really discussed, just mentioned. I seem to recall the tint being discussed more. But a search of the thread using the word ‘tint’ turned up nothing much, except one members like for the 3c tint dedomed.

The XP-G2 seems to shift tint and hue a lot less than the XM-L2. I have a dedomed XP-G2 3C that actually looks pretty nice, it is warm but is still pleasant. The 2B is also probably very good but I haven't tried that, the 1A keeps a nice cool white.

IIRC, dedoming 3c will result in greenish tint.

I like to dedome 1A and end up with a neutral tint.

Edit: most of my experience is with xml/l2, guess it doesn’t carry over to xpg2.

Yes, I would never recommend dedoming an XM-L2 3C unless you want something pretty ugly. The XP-G2 gets warmer, but not as much visually as the XM-L2. Most importantly, the XP-G2 doesn't seem to suffer from nearly as much yellow/green shift as the XM-L2. The dedomed XP-G2 3C is warm and maybe a little bit yellow but really isn't bad IMO.

I have de-domed a bunch of them and in a T20 thrower in particular I would go with the 1A. It’s a little warmer than cool white when de-domed but it is still white enough. I like the T20 a lot. It’s my favorite zoomie by far. A de-domed 2b gives a very neutral tint in a t20, not yellowish brown but not far from it either.

I also think that the lens on the T20 makes the neutral seem more neutral for some reason. I have put the same de-domed emitter in a regular thrower and it seemed more cool to my eyes.

You can check the tint of my dedomed XPG2 R5 3C compared tot a SK68 clone, see this post.

Last night was my first attempt at chemically dedoming an LED. It worked fairly well in that the dome was almost completely removed with no apparent damage to the phosphor layer.

The LED I dedomed was a cool-white XPG2 with 2B tint.

I like how the dedome increased throw. But I DON’T like the new tint. It looks very yellowish-green. Much much worse than the non-dedomed 3c tints I’m used to.

Think I’ll try again with a 3c XPG2.

Are you sure it was real 2B tint ? If you got it from intloutdoors it should be the real tint.
Good to have a different point of view. I only did 3 dedome with random XM-L2 and it turned ugly green, only one with unknow XM-L T6 turned into a neutral tint. De-doming seem to be a lottery… :_(

Well, it looked cool-white before I did the dedome, so I assume it’s a real 2B tint. I received the 2B this week directly from RMM.

Note also this was with an XPG2 and nor the XML2 you dedomed.

This is intl-outdoors XP-G2 2B dedome and I personally consider this better, warmer and more eye friendly tint than than dedomed FT XP-G2 1A cool white (they are both cool white when dome on, 1A 6000K and 2B 5700K)

450KCD Xsearcher XP-G2 2B heavy fog

If this helps. Unknown tint left (cool white), dedomed XPG-2 3C middle and 3C right. Call me odd but I'm a fan of the dedomed 3C XPG-2 outdoors.

Hm. still looks a bit greenish.

Guess I’ll see how I like it when I finish dedoming my 3C.

I’ve also ordered some 6500k 1C XPG2s from Illumination Supply. When those arrive I’ll try that.

I like brownish white neutral tint. Barring that, I’d settle with cool white. If I can’t have that, yellowish might be ok. But I hate green tint in my flashlight.

If I can’t find a tint I like dedomed I might end up going back to using a domed LED. I’ve gotten spoiled by good tint.

I don't think that any dedomed LED I've tried ever looked exactly like a domed LED tint-wise. I think it's just part of the deal, although the XP-G2 do seem to shift less towards the yellow/green (especially green) than the XM-L2s do. I am by no means the expert and I think that each of us has a personal preference when it comes to tint.

My picture is not showing the correct tint. The colour is more brownish than anything. On a white wall it looks horrible but outside it is quite nice. Personal preference will pay a big part here.

Got my 3c dedomed and installed in my Rustu tonight. The tint is quite yellow with a small hint of green. I think there’s less green than with the previous LED I tried.

Still not a fan of these dedomed tints, but I do like this one better than the last. The two I’ve tried so far look much worse tint-wise than my domed LEDs.

On the upside, the increase in throw with dedoming is really quite amazing, and the flood doesn’t look that much dimmer.

Thanks for your thoughts Firelight2. Do you notice the green white walling or outside?

luminarium iaculator ,how many Amps is this monster?

Not much only 10×amc7135 chips... But it is hand selected emitter... The brightest one I had among 20 ;) but even with lowest performance XP-G2 R5 2B you could get 400KCD. Also switch spring swapped for thicker and better one(original spring sucks and decreases performance). I did not bypassed anything( I tried in earlier phase of modding but no visible improvements)

Soon I will try the current king of XP-G2's and it is XP-G2 S2 1A so I expect further 5-10% of throw improvement if it will be in upper performance of its bin class

But still 2B have much nicer tint(imo) than 1A so I am looking forward for 2B release of S2 bin or newest better emitter than XP-G2.

Mostly indoors / white wall hunting. The 3C’s tint isn’t bad for outdoor use.

I spent a bit more time with my dedomed 3c. Indoors definitely feels very orange, but outdoors looked quite nice. I’ve since gone back to the dedomed XPG2 2B. Its a bit more yellowish white than the 3c I think it looks better for indoors viewing. The tint’s growing on me.

I have a couple other XPG2s of different tint in the mail. When they arrive I’ll dedome them to give it a shot.

I think one of the problems I was having is I was comparing dedomed XPG2s to my modded Sunwayman C20C which has triple XPG2, with each emitter of a different tint. Colors look far more natural with the triple than with any of these dedomes. Not really a fair comparison.

I also tried dedoming a cool white XML2 of unknown tint. Result was a yellowish beam similar to the dedomed 2B XPG2. However, when put into an aspheric light the XPG2 had vastly better throw.