Bestfire soup can, I gave in.. (edit: fake XP-L's, see from post #22 on)

I see this as a clear warning and a clear lesson with regards to buying cheap stuff from cheap shops such as DX, Tmart and others………

Sometime ago I already decided not to buy anything from DX and as of now Fasttech is on that list as well.
Too bad, as they started out with very fast delivery and very good service.

There are still enough shops left though, I think :wink:

Grtz

Its a pity, because I normally buy from FastTech, which has a good collection of lights / accessories. When irregularities like this start, it becomes difficult to trust a seller. On the other hand, its Chinese sellers, should one expect more? Nicolaas, may I ask which shops you’re referring to when you say “There are still enough shops left though, I think”. If necessary, please PM me, would like to know which you’re talking about.

By the way, I bought the 3-LED version of the light. I’m planning some proper modding on the light.

You know what they say… “When it sounds to good to be true, it normally is!” Just the LEDs would be around $45!

At Mouser, if I buy a reel, the XP-L's are $4 a piece, that is $36 for the nine, properly binned and of decent tint. But I doubt that the chinese budget flashlight companies pay that. I'd guess that they buy up the lowest bins and rejects for less than half of that, and the rest of the flashlight costs next to nothing to make over there (after years, I'm still surprised how they manage to sell at these prices)

So i pulled the trigger on this one for $ 26.99 USD >> http://www.ebay.ca/itm/301662132289?\_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

the ad says to have 9 x “CREE XM-L” emitters in it. if it do not, i will open a claim, or just mod it as i plan to do anyways. For 27 bucks its a good host for a great, compact, flooder to have good run times potential.

at least the picture on that one shows what look like genuine XM-L’s, and as far as Chinese sellers go he has a pretty good ebay rating

… but that means nothing, because the most people have no clue, what a “real” XM-L looks like :wink:

I usually read through the feed back of sellers before i buy from them. This seller do seem to be a better one. Will soon see once i receive the light.

$25 worth of ugly until your Cerekote it. I wonder if it has fake XM-L’s?
SKYRAY 15000LM 9 x CREE XM-L T6 LED High Power Flashlight Torch Tactical Lamp

Anyone got their cases properly resolved?
Have filed a ticket at FT.
Communications so far:

#1. by me

The flashlight does NOT have XP-L emitters as described. The emitters look quite different than real CREE XP-L emitters do.
Also, they are very very dim. Flashlight tested with two separate sets of high quality batteries. But that does of course not help at all, since the emitters are fake.

I have had many good experiences shopping at FT. This time I feel very disappointed.

Pictures attached. Comparison Pictures are taken with manual, identical settings on the camera.
The beam spot pictures show the SKU 2461800 compared to a Trustfire TR-3T6 light that has Three XM-L T6 emitters. Those lights should be pretty comparable, but as you see in the pictures the SKU 2461800 is extremely dim in comparison.

#2. by justina Staff

Sorry to hear the issue.

Please tell me except the light is dim, can it work correctly?

You also can’t judge it is XP-L emitters or not according to the light.

#3. by me

Yes the flashlight works.

And no, one can’t (usually) judge what type of emitter it is just by the light itself.

But you CAN judge what type of emitter it is by inspecting the emitters directly.
And the emitters in this light is NOT Cree XP-L emitters as advertised.

The emitters in this light differ from real XP-L’s:
-XP-L’s have domes that completely cover the die size.
-XP-L domes are also vertically cut on all four sides, making them not completely round.

My case is not completely solved, I bought the light at dx btw, but i'm a bit further in the process :party: :tired:

I ordered the flashlight that according to the description is fitted with 12 XP-L V5 leds. The flashlight that I received does not have XP-L V5 leds (XP-L V5 leds are leds from the Cree brand, the leds in this flashlight are not from Cree) but leds that are unknown to me and clearly do not perform as well as XP-L V5 leds. I would like this light replaced by one that does contain genuine XP-L V5 leds, or I would like a refund of my money. I will be glad to send the light back to you (at your expense). Kind Regards, djozz

Dear Jozef Antonius,

Thank you for connecting customer service!
But please don't worry. We have feed this sitautin to our manager and they checked with our supplier and confirmed the XP-L V5 leds is
real.
Do you have any other problem that we can help you?
Your sincerely,
Lynn

dear Lynn,

please reconsider the contact with your supplier, he is lying about this and he knows it: the leds in this flashlight are not Cree XP-L V5 leds, and they do not perform like XP-L V5 leds. I am a world expert on leds and know what I am talking about. <br />So I repeat my request: please replace this flashlight with a flashlight that does have XP-L V5 leds like your website claims for this flashlight, or refund my money. <br /><br />I would like to add that I am a longterm customer of dx and expect to be taken serious and I do not appreciate it that I am being put off with things that are not true!

Kind regards, djozz

Dear Jozef Antonius,
We are sorry to hear that!
Could you kind provide more detail description and upload the comparison pictures to us? Then we can check it again.
We will solve this problem as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and waiting for your answer.
Your sincerely,
Lynn

Dear Lynn, there is no need for comparison, please admit that this flashlight does not contain the XP-L V5 leds that are described on your website. This is not a matter of opinion, this is fact.<br />Google 'Cree XP-L' for pictures of how a XP-L led should look like, then look at your own flashlight, or the very clear pictures of the leds that I provided in the first mail of this ticket, and see for yourself that the led of this flashlight is completely different (and unknown to me) .<br /><br />I really hope indeed that you will solve this problem very soon.

Kind regards, djozz

Dear Jozef Antonius,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience!
But without the detail description and comparison pictures, we can not check with our suppier. We have checked with our supplier and confirmed the XP-L V5 leds is real. Hope you can give your kind understanding.
Or would you mind send it back to us? We will arrange a full refund for you. But the postage is responsible for customer.

If you need to return it back, you can begin the process by the following steps:

[boring steps removed, I have to send the light to an English address]

Sincerely,
Customer Service
www.dx.com

Dear Lynn,

First please note that my complaint is genuine, I'm not making something up, please do not repeat that those leds are XP-L V5, they are not and that is a serious issue for a $30 flashlight, people buy this product because of the quality of the leds! Because you appear to have a google problem, I attached a picture of how a XP-L looks like, XP-L leds were not in m flashlight. Pictures of the leds of the flashlight that dx sent me are attached to the first mail of this ticket for comparison. <br />You may continue to lie about it but that only means that dx is wrong and dishonest in their description, and are deliberately misleading customers who have to rely on an accurate description of the product.<br /><br />I am willing to send the flashlight to the England address, but I expect dx to pay the cost, I will not pay for mistakes of dx.

Kind regards, djozz

Dear Jozef Antonius,
We are really sorry for the late response due to the Dragon Boat Festival!
We need to check with our manager again. Please allow us 1-2 days. We will feed back to you as soon as reply is received.
Thank you for your patience!

Your sincerely,
Lynn

Ok, looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards, djozz

Dear Jozef Antonius,
Thank you for your patience!
Our supplier insist the the product is genuine, and related personnel is still negotiating with our suppiler. Because they are our regular customer, we will give a solution to you first.
You can begin the process by the following steps. When you finish the shipment and provide the shipping receipt and RMA picture, we will immediately arrange a refund for you.We will cover the postage, but please make sure it's less than 60% of the item(s) value.

Seriously. They’re making it this hard to get a refund? Is there really any point in dealing with their customer service? Wonder how things would turn out opening a dispute at PayPal in the first place. This is ridiculous. Pisses me off.
Anger management now, anger management…

Yes, they usually are making it that hard. I consider going through all this as part of the hobby, but I'm probably a bit mentally deficient that I sort of enjoy it. I blame no one who is just going the PayPal claim route.

XP-L gate. Denial is always the first approach. Tom - did you have someone deflate the balls? No! Never! Lance - did you use performance enhancing drugs? No! Never! Bill - did you have sex with that woman? ... Smile

Hillary - “What does it matter now?!”

… and got screwed over NINE TIMES! :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah xpl-gate takes the art of scamming to a whole new level. Maybe the first post should be updated to clearly show that it’s not real xp-l leds?!

Good idea, I edited the thread title to reflect that.

I bought mine from DX as well , I returned it yesterday and provided proof of package and of postage (£3.30) to a UK address.

Today I got my refund for the flashlight but as of yet not for my postage costs

They say refund of postage will take 5-10 days.

Lynn also claimed no matter what that they were XP-L LED’s even after I sent her photo evidence showing that they are fake.

Soon we will end up receiving these lights with Incandescent bulbs trying to claim to be MT-G2 or XHP70s.

Anyone care to email Cree inquiring about a “potential” counterfeit XP-L, include a picture and see if you can get a response! :smiley:

DX: We are check with our supplier again, they are completely certain it is genuine. Maybe cree misunderstood your message.

And DX would still insist they are absolutely utterly 100% real genuine Cree. Their supplier confirms.

My 2 cents?

When I see a shop selling fake stuff and insisting that it’s the real thing one thing is very clear to me: I will not buy anything from that shop anymore.

The fact that they do not mention “Cree” in their ad but only state “XP-L” says it all.

Grtz
Nico