Beware of the WLL Titan X75 "Laser Technology" Flashlight?

OK I sent this to him, I’ll see what happens.

If you want me to stop posting about this I will, just thought you might be interested - I really wished/hoped this would be a killer light :0(

Hello Ross,
Obviously you guys are not liars at all, but now that you know the truth. By you selling them you are allowing/trusting the manufacturers to dictate false numbers for your business.
If you bought a new car that states that it has say 500 HP – then you get it home and find out it has 250HP. Yes a car costs more, but the car yard sales dude can’t use that as an excuse for deception and say hey! the manufacturer said it was 500 HP so not my fault. Maybe not in china but that’s not consumer law in OZ.
I am willing to work something out and take my bad feed back away - you have to admit that buying something that performs at half the stated output is not fair for me at $450 surely?
Example: type in 1000000 lumen torch or flashlight into ebay or aliexpress and see the lies - here are some examples for you if you don’t believe me - 1000000 lumen light would melt bricks. most of those Chinese lights have about 500 - 5000 lumens at most only.

Nice bright one

Yay nice n bright

Should have just bought this in the first place

Well that went well - not! They kind of missed the point.

Hi Glenn,
Thank you for your reply and for the information contained.

We notice that the examples of the Flashlights you have provided, are of a completely different calibre, and are of a low quality mass produced LED nature. This is like comparing Chalk and Cheese.

Please note that as soon as our listing once again becomes open for editing, that is after current offers expire, we will be reflecting the figures as previously stated in a bolder manner.

In relation to your feedback, and as previously stated, we are prepared to offer a 5% refund in order that you reflect a positive feedback to include no verbal accusations nor racial slur.

Please note that we value your purchase and your appraisal, however these units are extremely expensive, and afford ourselves very little margin after ebay takes their percentage, to include all additional fees.

We again apologise for any misunderstanding or inconvenience and will process a 5% refund once feedback is rectified.

Kind Regards
Limelight AU

Sad, it looks like it's not going anywhere..

You might have to go down the paypal refund route perhaps?

I don't really think they know much about flashlights, unfortunately.

I’ll bet their seller ratings would plummet if you sent a copy of their coercive $/feedback offer to Ebay. Every platform has rules against gaming the feedback system (not that they can prevent it totally). I think the whole stars/rating thing at its foundation has not been good for consumers as it was originally intended…and that’s the fault of the platforms themselves with their reward/penalty/rankings systems for sellers and algorithms for visibility and such. But “here’s a nickel, kid, don’t tell your mom in public”……that’s just bad. Seems clear they’re more interested in themselves than their customers’ satisfaction with the goods.

A company which doesn’t really know what they are selling should not rely upon manufacturer claims, especially if a Chinese company who lie as a matter of course or standard practice in many cases. Some sellers know the lie, they just go along with it and claim innocence when caught, I’ve seen that before too.

I used to sell the old Ultrafire zoomies years ago when I first began as a store, and without easily accessible equipment to test lumens, you can’t always verify the claims.

it;s very unusual to find a mass-market seller of anything, who is also an expert in the thing

especially if it is somewhat unusual like a laser pumped whatever it is you are looking for

it is not surprising that you got weird answers

they are prob looking at a technical spec list, in english, trying to guess what you are asking, and what the answer is

wle

most sellers don;t really know answers like this

they just buy 10000 of the things and try to sell them

does not mean they are lying

just that you can;t expect sellers to be physicists

When I was new to lasers I bought a 10 watt pointer which was at most 250 milliwatts, the Chinese seller said that’s what he was told they were, regardless they are at fault for false claims, the company selling this flashlight sells a lot of flashlights, I doubt they didn’t know. Even if they didn’t, they bear responsibikity so it is still on them. Have they updated their ebay listing to show the reality yet?

Australia has a Consumer Guarantees Act where you can get a refund for false advertising. Glenn7 should have grounds to get a full refund, but you need to test the range.

Quote the CGA and you may get a completely different answer since it’s bad news for them it they’re reported.

Website

IR Laser Thank you, your the MAN!

I understand about all the: resellers just quoting the manufacturer spec etc blah blah. I wouldn’t be as pissed if it was $1-150 but for the price I paid I would expect a reseller to do some homework. 15-20% of lights out of China are not too bad the rest are, I should have known better :person_facepalming: :rage:

Ok the price is much higher but if you went into a car yard and bought a high performance car that was quoted by the manufacturer to have say 500HP then you get home and find it does 250HP that would be consumer law being breached and yes I could go down that road but I’m not that kind of guy. I did say I would take one for the team, now I have and now you don’t have to be stung :+1: :beer:

That’s Ok as they weren’t $450 so they/you wouldn’t really mind a 20-$50 light, you get what you pay for and most would not be the wiser anyway - I don’t know how many of those zoomies people have brought out and shown me only to have them blown away by a thumb sized light that I can whip out.

I messaged them and made out like I was keen, but needed some clarification. Here’s their measurements

We independently measured this LEP Flashlight and found the following results:-

- WLLX75 Measured at 5mtr = 36100lux (X5X5)=902500lux at 1mtr (X 4) =3610000 then take the Sq Root = 1,900mtr

- WLLX75 Measured at 7mtr = 3618100lux (X7X7)=886900lux at 1mtr (X 4) =3547600 then take the Sq Root = 1883.50mtr

- WLLX75 Measured at 13mtr = 6600ux (X13X13)=1115400lux at 1mtr (X 4) =44616.00 then take the Sq Root = 2112.24mtr

…so, based on this, they have confirmed they falsely advertised this torch. You should be able to get a refund quite easily by quoting the Consumers Guarantees Act or whatever it’s called over in Aus.

These measurements are down to 0.25 lux which they advertised to you as being 7,500m

Make sure you take a screenshot of the listing before they change details

Glenn, please confirm you received the funds I PayPal’ to you. Just want to make sure you got it.

Sorry, yes I did get it thank you - thought I kind of mentioned it in post #39 but again thank you IR you removed a some of the salt in the wound.

I must have scanned right past it, good, just wanted to make sure you knew it was waiting for you on PPal. From the photo’s, it doesn’t appear you can see the laser module itself inside to have any idea what it is. Wish I knew.

WOW! good news guys!! well here’s hoping anyway……
The dealer/seller emailed me and said if I wanted to test all the lights, he would send them for my honest review, then return (guess I could buy any) Did some of you rattle some chains???
Anyway let’s see.
A tactical IR LEP, the X75 and the X30, a 30watt LEP.

I can’t believe it!

Well to clarify, they stopped selling the lights and are waiting to receive new ones from the manufacturer. So from what I gather, they will be either have updated test figures or updated the lights - we will see - can’t wait!

Ok didn’t want to bash on here so I started another thread, as the seller took my offer to review the big light the X30 - but he requested I do all the LEP lights, so I did if you are interested.
HERE