BIKE LIGHT $18.57 + FREE SHIPPING

The Dodge Cosby?

I remember the Nova fiasco. In Spain that’d mean “No va”, as in “doesn’t go”.

You could get a better name by closing your eyes and mashing the keyboard

I have a Business degree, and I took Macroeconomics and Microeconomics in college.

I was taught in school that the "Nova" did not sell well in Spanish speaking countries.

I later found out that that was a myth, and that the Chevy Nova actually sold just fine in Latin America.

So, apparently it's just an untrue story they tell in Economics class so that you don't call your company something like CSTEBOKE.

I get it, people hate the name, but there has got to be a better way to express it than “That name sucks!”, or “Alphabet soup!”, etc. That’s just not productive.

It makes perfect sense to those who thought up the name, maybe even a sense of pride (naming the city, etc.), and in this case it’s a matter of just not “reading the room”. Kfine, but people being insulting usually just makes other people dig in even harder.

I think the main issue is that the name is too similar to junk names of junk sellers on Amazon and the like. I didn’t expect there to be an actual “LOL”/”Elowel” seller, but f if there isn’t. :person_facepalming:

Hell, on that page alone, just lookit all the associated names of sellers on the “recommended for you” and “similar products” lineups. (Great, now I’ll be getting endless emails from Amazon for kids’ dresses and the like. :confounded: )

Anyhoo, yeah, to sell to those who don’t know your products already (ie, prior knowledge, say, from BLF), the name has to “sound cool”. Things like OMGWTFLOLOLOL or Ahoymatey or HappySunMoonStar ain’t gonna cut it. They sound like… junk. If I were buying an oven-mitt or cat-toy, meh, maybe, as long as it’s 100% no-penalty returnable via Amazon.

But if it’s at all possible, yeah, I’d recommend a name-change before getting in too deep. The lights might be awesome, but if too closely associated with Crapfire lights, that’s an uphill battle. Trustfire kinda overcame that, but anything else with “-fire” in the name is almost automatically associated with junk, and they had to fight their way out of it.

Especially with lights that have a good rep like Sofirn, you don’t want to start out with the proverbial 2 strikes against you.

And yeah, ask 10 people for name recommendations and you’ll get 27 different conflicting answers, but still…

Agreed :beer:

Regardless of our approach, our intentions are good. We want sofirns company to succeed, we care. We could be all professional and explain the economics, advertising, and marketing aspects of it...but its much easier and to the point to say..."the name is horrible and it's gonna cost you sales"...because that's the truth..no reason to butter it up.

Yep, I'd buy a CSTEBOKE flashlight, but I don't care what an object is called.

But some people will avoid buying a CSTEBOKE flashlight because it kinda looks like a series of random letters.

I would like the SC31T code. Thanks!

Try not to take all the criticism to heart, most of the people here mean well.

There are a lot of sellers on amazon with names that don’t flow well or make sense in English. They’re mostly sellers of low quality stuff from china. So when an american sees a name like that they automatically think low quality.

Sofirn flows at least a little in English, even if it doesn’t have an English meaning. Sofirn also has a good reputation for quality.

Csteboke does not flow in English at all.

We like sofirn here at BLF and there are lots of people here who would be glad to help your company.

My suggestion is to ask a native English speaker here to help you pick a name. They could pick several names and probably even find a way to include teboke or CS. Then hopefully you could find a name that sounds good in both languages.

Code please.

But if the price and quality is right, I’ll buy it no matter what the name is since I am already familiar with Sofirn’s products.

So I would like a code for the tactical flashlight please.

Thanks!

So if a fledgling company built their first light and it was a terrific light at a bargain price and was named “mylitsuk”, would they survive?

Possibly but losing any percentage of sales due to a bad name is shooting yourself in the foot.

Correctimundo!

K, just got my SC31T, and it’s definitely not “see it’s broke”. It’s taking me a bit of time to adjust to the 2 switches vs sideswitch-does-everything, but that shouldn’t take very long.

Just running a capacity test now after playing with the light a bit, will do a review shortly. But everything looks really good so far, usual Sofirn quality, no glitches.

An unusual name is what brought down Allmaybe

Too late. It’s already in use as a flashlight brand, with the usual appendix:

https://uranusfire.aliexpress.com/store/2955122

In photography, bokeh (sounds like bouquet but emphasis on BOKE-eh) are the out-of-focus shapes in the background made from pinpoint light sources or specular reflections and the shape of the aperture. You’ll see the most pronounced bokeh at wide-open apertures. Background blur is used in portraits to separate the subject from the background. Projector lenses on still cameras produce swirling bokeh!
Having said all this, when I see that list of letters, I see Cast Bokeh, a beautiful, soft background in a lovely photo.
I have a large collection of Sofirn lights and would like to see the new ones. At 40% I’ll buy one tonight.

Aside from the name….
Anyone know what the CCT of the LH351D led in the
https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Flashlight-Rechargeable-Camping-Emergency/dp/B09TKGBCMQ

Is?? I already ordered a couple… but notice the add says nothing about this.

Looking at mine, I’m thinking 4000K-4500K. Quite nice.